• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 monkey

monkey

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

I have a friend who is very good at acting and singing and his tutour has gone as far as she can go (according to her) so she has advised him to try to get some contacts as to where to go from here.  He would really like to get into musical theatre type work.  Has anyone any idea where to find contacts?

#2 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(monkey @ Apr 6 2007, 04:00 PM) View Post
I have a friend who is very good at acting and singing and his tutor has gone as far as she can go (according to her) so she has advised him to try to get some contacts as to where to go from here.  He would really like to get into musical theatre type work.  Has anyone any idea where to find contacts?

The Stage advertises open auditions. As for agents, there is a book called Contacts 2007 (Listings include casting directors, drama schools, theatres, agents, photographers, film and television studios, rehearsal rooms, voice coaches, costumes, wigs and make-up.)

In terms of informal contacts, you can't really just 'make them', and if you could it would seem (to me) like using people.

The logical next step, if he wants to go in the direction of meeting people and getting work, is getting an agent. His age and appearence will be a major factor in his success in this- there are countless 20-somethings vying for a place on a top agent's books, but far fewer older men (for young women this is even worse).

#3 monkey

monkey

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Thank you David thats great, I will pass all this info on to him, and fingers crossed he might just get something.

QUOTE(David @ Apr 6 2007, 08:59 PM) View Post
The Stage advertises open auditions. As for agents, there is a book called Contacts 2007 (Listings include casting directors, drama schools, theatres, agents, photographers, film and television studios, rehearsal rooms, voice coaches, costumes, wigs and make-up.)

In terms of informal contacts, you can't really just 'make them', and if you could it would seem (to me) like using people.

The logical next step, if he wants to go in the direction of meeting people and getting work, is getting an agent. His age and appearence will be a major factor in his success in this- there are countless 20-somethings vying for a place on a top agent's books, but far fewer older men (for young women this is even worse).

#4 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:59 PM

Glad to have been of some help- hope he does well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users