#21 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ May 21 2007, 09:40 AM) View Post
And as it turns out, this production is now going to Madrid, so that's yet another place outside the UK that'll get to see this.

//Jenny

In the newly arrived RSC 2007/2008 brochure there is not a single London production mentioned. I think London mailing list members should pay less than Stratford ones as we get the benefit of early booking for far fewer performances. In the old days they ran separate London and Stratford priority lists, so they can do it again.

#22 martin

martin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

Jan

The "new" brochure you refer to has been out for some time now. In the old days they did do separate lists but now the Barbican is long gone they do not. The 2007/08 London season will be out soon one would have thought and will include Lear and I imagine the Seagull plus probably Coriolanus. Why the constant whinging about the RSC Jan? They are not perfect but who is? No doubt you will bang on about their subsidy but so what?

#23 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(martin @ May 22 2007, 08:57 PM) View Post
Jan

The "new" brochure you refer to has been out for some time now. In the old days they did do separate lists but now the Barbican is long gone they do not. The 2007/08 London season will be out soon one would have thought and will include Lear and I imagine the Seagull plus probably Coriolanus. Why the constant whinging about the RSC Jan? They are not perfect but who is? No doubt you will bang on about their subsidy but so what?

I received the new brochure in the mail from RSC the day before I posted this, so you are wrong.

All I am saying on this occasion is that I didn't notice my subscription fee for London priority booking actually go down when they reduced their London season to minimum. I continue paying it as an act of charity.

#24 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Jan Brock @ May 23 2007, 07:24 AM) View Post
I received the new brochure in the mail from RSC the day before I posted this, so you are wrong.

All I am saying on this occasion is that I didn't notice my subscription fee for London priority booking actually go down when they reduced their London season to minimum. I continue paying it as an act of charity.

Do you not go to Stratford? I'm sure I've read your comments on shows that haven't gone to London, and presumably your membership allows you to pre-book for these as well as the London productions- as far as I can tell you're probably using it more than a lot of people who have it.

#25 TheatreMadGoer

TheatreMadGoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

Sadly I must agree with those who disparage this performance, as a seasoned RSC  theatregoer, and someone who saw the almost Complete Works (all bar Alls Well and Phoenix and the Turtle), I must agree that this was a second rate show that was wholly unworthy of its place as the last Main House show, much better that something as good as the Henry VI and Richard III should go to London.

#26 tom_waldo

tom_waldo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

I must agree! Having seen half of the productions of the Complete Works, including the much maligned Romeo and Juliet, Richard III and Merry Wives, I only wanted to walk out in the interval in Coriolanus. It was sloppy and seemed that Doran was not fully understanding the text, or how the RST functions. I could see backstage workings from my seat and the scene changes were epic. Only Janet Suzman saved me from booing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users