2 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

I'm surprised that this play hasn't provoked higher praise from the critics.  I thought all 3 actors were outstanding and there is so much humour in the lines and how they are delivered.  The play ends after a moving, shocking and thought-provoking 2nd half.  One of the best plays I've seen this year, in my opinion.  Anyone else have similar thoughts?

By the way, shame on those paparazzi at the stage door, muscling in on the actors after the performance and not letting the fans near to get their programmes signed.  I'm sick of these losers hanging round the stage door - how can they not feel bad about what they do stalking the stars?  Some may say that the actors should expect that in the limelight but there's a difference between being acknowledged on the street and having a camera rudely thrust in your face and not moving even when you have the picture.

Anyway, I digress.  See Treats; you won't be disappointed.

#2 thegills

thegills

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Dance (tap and ballet) Tennis, Football and many others.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:37 AM

I'm going to see this play on Wednesday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Kris Marshall.  From the moment I first saw him on My Family I thought he would be a star.

#3 thegills

thegills

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Dance (tap and ballet) Tennis, Football and many others.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

I went to see Treats last night, and I enjoyed it.  I've seen better but I've seen a LOT worse.   I thought all three actors gave very convincing performances but I didn't really like the ending.  Billie Piper was a lot better than I expected because I didn't really like her in Doctor Who, I love Kris Marshall and and really like Laurence Fox, I think he has a wonderfully gormless face!

An added bonus last night was seeing the filming in Trafalgar Square of the new St. Trinians film.  Rupert Everett dressed as a woman was a sight to behold but the real thrill was seeing Colin Firth!  I've always found him quite bland in most films but seeing him in the flesh was something else.  I'm shallow, what can I say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users