5 replies to this topic

#1 Alnoor

Alnoor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

I do know this is an 'old' topic but I thought I would alert some readers that tickets for King Lear at Stratford do still turn up (returns?) on the RSC web site.
I have just had a quick look and there were good seats available for  27/4, 17/5, 31/5 (press night), 7/6 and 16/6/07.

Alnoor

#2 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

I was going to say- there ought to be a fair few decent seats for press night, since it's a new date.

Also, there seem to be a reasonable number of returns- a couple of people I was with last week were 14th in the queue and got good stalls seats (one of them a better seat than mine, booked months in advance).

#3 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

It's always worth going to queue but of course Londoners have to make the trek.

#4 MarieMJS

MarieMJS

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:2D/3D animation, cinema, books, plays, tap dancing, etc :D

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

yeah, some weeks ago I was so desperate and couldnt find a ticket. Every day, I was on the web, trying to book a ticket for the day I wanted, and updating every 20 minutes (yeah I know, pretty scary, but I so wanted to see the play!!!)
Then one morning, when updating like crazy the rsc website, this fabulous stalls ticket popped up, juste ONE, and I couldnt believe it till I finalize the buy o_o...
So just don't give up, there is definitely more going on this website than we think LOL!

#5 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

they were doing returns last saturday when i went, but people had been queuing since 10am..
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#6 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ Apr 15 2007, 05:17 PM) View Post
they were doing returns last saturday when i went, but people had been queuing since 10am..

On Easter Monday (which I realise is probably a bit of an odd case), queueing for 45 minutes (i.e. about half an hour before they released them) got some returns. I suppose you can never tell when you don't know how many they have. I reckon there's a decent chance of getting returns on weekdays, but as Lynette says, it's a long way if you're in London- but isn't it going down there anyway, eventually?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users