230 replies to this topic

#21 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

Johndeep was appalling and thoroughly deserved to be knocked out of the competition.

Chris - I was very surprised to see him in the bottom two.  His performance was quite good.  He seems like such a sweet chap too!!

Ben - Not very good.  Should have been in the bottom two.

Seamus - he sang 'Being Alive' quite well to be fair, but he is portrayed as being very smug.  Editing......!!!

Anthony - huge improvement on last week, although he lacked presence.

Lewis - very good.

Craig - better than last week but I find his performances a bit weedy.

Daniel - very good, but I am biased because I fancy him rotten.

Kieth - great voice but I have to agree re diction.  SHouldn't be too hard to overcome though.  I am expecting great things from this chap at some point.

Lee - excellent.

Rob - Very good.  Rob really commands the stage!  I'm very impressed with him.
I won't be called a baggage!

#22 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:05 PM

Well I think Dame Edna has a rival in John's mum.

#23 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

wink.gif  I agree!  Except she seemed so sweet and proud.  And, boy, they may live in Florida but they are certainly Scottish.

M George - you are a much kinder person than I am.  Now I feel a bit guilty about all the teeth stuff.

I suspect that our judgements of the Josephs say as much about us as they do about the Josephs. For example, I like Anthony, but I think he appeals to mothers and certain teenage girls (I'm the former not the latter) because he seems so healthy and balanced and like he's having a blast, whereas some of the guys that do nothing for me obviously have another sort of appeal. Instead of Rorshak tests or inkblots they should do Joseph psychological testing - I think they may be these blank canvases upon which we impose our personalities, etc.

BTW, a funny article by Barbara Ellen in the Observer today about the show.  I'll try to find a link.

#24 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

Here it is:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/st...2059255,00.html

#25 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

Daniel, when not sitting in his portakabin number-crunching, seems to have quite an impressive cv.

#26 Marlowe

Marlowe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(armadillo @ Apr 23 2007, 05:49 AM) View Post
Daniel, when not sitting in his portakabin number-crunching, seems to have quite an impressive cv.

Mmmm 'there is something rotten in the state of Denmark'.  I think that Daniel and Lee are by far the best in the show.  I would be amazed if one of them didnt win...but then they are seasoned professionals.  I also didn't buy the whole Johndeep story, about his family not knowing about him singing or, indeed,  heard him sing....he was a semi finalist last Oct in the Radio 2 Voice of Musical theatre in Cardiff - plenty of opportunity there to invite your parents along to the New Theatre, Cardiff to hear you warble!!  So, for that reason, I was not sorry to see him go on Saturday - that and the fact that he murdered his number.

There are somethings in this show that are just too manufactured.

#27 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

Johndeep went to the Royal Academy of Music so it's slightly surprising that his parents apparently didn't know about his musical amibitions.

#28 Green Girl

Green Girl

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

It's definitely Daniel to win for me!  He did an amazingly powerful job of an incredibly difficult rock song, and dealt with the clicktrack f*ck up at the start like a true professional - I bet none of others could have coped so well. The judges really should have praised him for that. And did anyone else notice that Lee was the only one with a backing singer enhancing his voice?  Suspicious!

#29 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Green Girl @ Apr 23 2007, 10:35 AM) View Post
And did anyone else notice that Lee was the only one with a backing singer enhancing his voice?  Suspicious!

I wouldn't read anything into that.  Lee can more than hold his own as a singer so I suspect the backing singer was there for effect rather than enhancement.

#30 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(foxa @ Apr 22 2007, 07:52 PM) View Post

That's rather a good article actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic