2 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

Saw The Entertainer last night and was impressed especially with Pam Ferris who was really the lynchpin in many ways. RL very good - that guy can act. In fact very good acting all round , the understudy for the dad doing his best . But what amazed me was the topical relevance of the play - the middle east, the taking of prisoners etc but then the utterly, utterly different aspect of the press. In the play they read about the son in the papers and a policeman calls at the end to deliver the bad news. These days, the editor of The Mail on Sunday would be in the room , plus photographers, a man from the ministry, Max Clifford - I was quite amused really by the innocence of the Osbourne vision. Audience last night very cool I thought - RL seemed to be really feeling the effort but then what a good actor he is!

#2 oratorioboy

oratorioboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

saw it on sat afternoon and loved every minute of ot. thought pam was astonishingly good and RL also very fine indeed. overall a wonderful heartfelt production and one i can highly recommend to all x c

#3 JWC

JWC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

Agreed - mostly! Pam Ferris was astonishingly good; the "You've been at my cake" scene was a real high spot. Robert Lindsay fine too. Didn't care for Emma Cunliffe - her Jean didn't have enough passion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users