Laura-Michelle Kelly (LOTR and Sweeney Todd)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

Daily Mail article and stunning picture of her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1794

#2 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

I don't normally like such studied pics but that is lovely.

She's one of those people who I thought was attractive in photos, then was captivated by how beautiful she is on stage. I found her mesmerising in Mary Poppins.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#3 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

LMK is REALLY beautiful! She has this kinda elegance within her! But once I took a pix of her and a friend at the stagedoor and she looked like Michael Jackson?!  blink.gif lol
LOVE her as Mary, saw some pixs as Eponine - just WOW! Wud love to see her as Fantine when she gets abit older... like after she finishes LOTR  tongue.gif

#4 theatregoer

theatregoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Felix @ May 3 2007, 01:35 PM) View Post
LMK is REALLY beautiful! She has this kinda elegance within her! But once I took a pix of her and a friend at the stagedoor and she looked like Michael Jackson?!  blink.gif lol
LOVE her as Mary, saw some pixs as Eponine - just WOW! Wud love to see her as Fantine when she gets abit older... like after she finishes LOTR  tongue.gif

She is still not in Lord of the Rings, missing in action! filming I was told. The understudy is good though.

#5 theatrefan

theatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

Hopefully the filming for Sweeney should be finished - otherwise there will be another hold up as Johnny Depp is now in LA publicising Pirates III and ready for the premier!
The best of times is now,
Now, not some forgotten yesterday.
Now, tomorrow is too far away

#6 theatre*fairy

theatre*fairy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

I went to see LOTR last week and was actually quite dissapointed that LMK wasnt there as id been listening to the mary poppins soundtrack and really liked her voice, and because i didnt see her in that i was really looking forward to seeing her. Although her understudy is outstandingly good. I know this sounds funny but surely actors in the west end shouldnt be allowed to start a new show if they're in the middle of doing other stuff eg filming. I mean a lot of people are going to be dissapointed because of LMK not being there as really shes the biggest name in the show and the main name english theatre-goers will reconigse. I mean good on her for doing big box office films as well as theatre but surely if she spends to much time off people might just end up thinking whats the point of her being announced in the cast, if shes never performing.
Tommy: OK, very important. There are two types of women, type A and type B. You listenin'?
Frankie:  Yeah.
Tommy:OK, type A. They're real easy. Jump right into bed witcha. Then later on, they bust your balls. Type B. First, they play hard to get. Then later on, they bust your balls.
Frankie: I don't get it.
Tommy:Don't worry, you will.

#7 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

There has been a lot of rescheduling of the Sweeney filiming (because Johnny Depp took time out when his daughter was ill). Presumably that had a knock-on effect on LMK's schedule but it was probably too late to recast and the clash is only for a few days.

#8 theatrefan

theatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

Yes, hopefully the clash is over now. If not there will be more hold-ups as Johnny Depp is now back in LA to promote Pirates of the Caribbean III and attend the premier this weekend!
The best of times is now,
Now, not some forgotten yesterday.
Now, tomorrow is too far away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users