• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 msh

msh

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:22 AM

I posted a message further down about seeing this show in June. Thanks for all your replies and kind words.

However, the latest post concerned me. It stated that ep was only doing 4 shows a week (from a reliable source, the poster says someone who works at the theatre)

But surely ep doing only 4 shows per week can't be true. If she is only sharing the role, then this should be advertised and shared with the paying public. I understand that ep's role is not the lead role and that drowsy chaperone is basically an ensemble piece, but the fact remains that the show is being advertised using ep's name (and picture). In fact all of the adverts i've seen show her name.

So it seems very misleading to advertise the show in this way if ep is only doing half the shows. Is this information from the person who works in the theatre correct or is it just a rumour ? Surely they would know, wouldn't they ?

#2 Colourarc

Colourarc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(msh @ Apr 22 2007, 09:22 AM) View Post
I posted a message further down about seeing this show in June. Thanks for all your replies and kind words.

However, the latest post concerned me. It stated that ep was only doing 4 shows a week (from a reliable source, the poster says someone who works at the theatre)

But surely ep doing only 4 shows per week can't be true. If she is only sharing the role, then this should be advertised and shared with the paying public. I understand that ep's role is not the lead role and that drowsy chaperone is basically an ensemble piece, but the fact remains that the show is being advertised using ep's name (and picture). In fact all of the adverts i've seen show her name.

So it seems very misleading to advertise the show in this way if ep is only doing half the shows. Is this information from the person who works in the theatre correct or is it just a rumour ? Surely they would know, wouldn't they ?

I wouldn't worry too much, I think it is a rumour.

At this point in time the Production Company should be advertising if EP is sharing the role.

I know this won't be much consolation, but given the hooha caused by CF's absenses(sp?) in SoM you would probably be able to get alternate tickets *IF* EP is only doing 4 shows and this has not been advertised.

Cx
nice. nice. nice. nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice. very nice!

#3 Carrie

Carrie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

I suppose I should've worded myself better - we've been told to expect her to only do four shows a week. And this also was a while ago so things may've changed. Don't take my word for anything until the show even starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users