• Please log in to reply
2917 replies to this topic

#2711 Lauren_S

Lauren_S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Saw the new cast on their opening night earlier this week.

Overall I thought they were brilliant, as I had not seen LB previously.
Stephen was a very good Emmett, he suited the role perfectly!
Same goes for Tricia as Viv - very suited for the role and had the perfect voice for LB Remix.

As for Ben's error at the start, I think everyone I know who was there noticed it! But overall he was a good Warner.

I'll be making a return trip very soon to see how they've all settled in!

#2712 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

Saw the new cast this afternoon - they were very good.  The ensemble were good, I liked Ross and Jon in particular.  The new Pilar is OK but not as good as Ibinabo, same with the new Enid though she was very funny in places.  Not impressed with Ben as Warner, his voice is quite weak, and wasn't convinced by his acting in the first half, though he did improve in the second act.

Tricia was very good, quite bitchy and she has a really great voice which was showcased very well in the LB Remix.  Stephen was the highlight of the new cast for me.  He was very funny and played it differently to previous Emmetts.  He played Emmett quite shy/nervous which really works - he's my new favourite Emmett.

Natalie was on form today, great Ireland and reprise, and she was incredibly funny.  LOVED Jane's Brooke also, really glad I got to see her.

#2713 The Wicked Blonde

The Wicked Blonde

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

and does anyone have the new programme and have the new understudy list?

I heard rummers of the new Enid being Elle understudy? Is Ellie an Elle understudy now seeing as she joined the last case late. And is Tara first u/s Serena or still 2nd?

#2714 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

New understudy list:

Elle: Gemma Sutton, Georgie Ashford
Emmett: Robbie Towns, Lincoln Stone
Warner: Ross Hunter, Henry Davis
Vivienne: Sorelle Marsh, Carolyn Maitland
Callahan: Lincoln Stone, Chris Ellis-Stanton
Paulette: Sorelle Marsh, Ruthie Stephenson
Brooke: Jane McMurtrie, Tara Young
Pilar: Danielle Steers, Tara Young
Serena: Tara Young, Carolyn Maitland
Margot: Georgie Ashford, Chloe Brooks
UPS Guy: Henry Davis, Ross Hunter

#2715 MaddyB

MaddyB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

Saw the show yesterday as a birthday treat, and also to support Stephen Ashfield who I loved in Jersey Boys, what an amazing show! I laughed, cried, cheered - very loudly! All in all a seriously slick, funny and talented cast, can't wait to go again!

#2716 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 14 October 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

Sorry but how on earth can any professional actor coming out of an intensive rehearsal period make that mistake on their first night?

ShhVivienne.

#2717 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

According to the LB cast page on the website, Sorelle March is the Alternate Paulette?? Which shows is Nataile not doing each week or is that still there from the DVO days??
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#2718 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Ross is going to be Warner all next week - Gemma is Elle tomorrow at the matinee.

#2719 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

I'm seeing the show tomorrow to see Gemma's Elle - very excited as I'm not really a fan of Carley's Elle... Saw Gemma in 'The Kissing Dance' earlier this year and I can definitely see her being a great Elle :) We shall see tomorrow.
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#2720 stagey1

stagey1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

who wants to get their hands on a Signed Legally Blonde Umbrella???

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1179

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users