2917 replies to this topic

#2721 seanmcdona

seanmcdona

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hows the show still doing ticket-wise? it looks to me like its still doing good but does anyone else know anything else? looks like the show will pass out the broadway run soon if not already!

#2722 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

It's already run longer than the Broadway production - and still doing quite well too.

#2723 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

View Postseanmcdona, on 03 November 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hows the show still doing ticket-wise? it looks to me like its still doing good but does anyone else know anything else? looks like the show will pass out the broadway run soon if not already!

Last minute were doing a huge discount last week. I got J row stalls for 15 each. Looking forward to it!

#2724 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

I had a brillaint afternoon at Legally Blonde yesterday :) Having already seen the new cast on the first Saturday, I hadn't planned on going again so soon, but when I found out Ross was on as Warner this week I had to go and see him. He was fantastic, great singing and acting, hope to see him in the role again. It was nice to see Jane as Brooke again (I saw her last time as well) and Henry as the UPS guy. Everyone gave a great show, I loved it :)
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#2725 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

How do u know ur in J stalls from lastminute if u haven't been yet? I thought u couldn't find out seat numbers beforehand? I only ask because I've booked tickets through the same offer for the 16th

#2726 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

View PostMark_E, on 06 November 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

How do u know ur in J stalls from lastminute if u haven't been yet? I thought u couldn't find out seat numbers beforehand? I only ask because I've booked tickets through the same offer for the 16th
I know, but they sent me the tickets! Not had that before ;-)

#2727 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

View Postseanmcdona, on 03 November 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

Went to one thursday   matinee before, and a saturday matinee after ,cast change in October,  and it was practically full for both. No idea what people were paying, but noticed again that there  seemed to be a lot of people who hadn't seen it before -  judging from the surprised laughter . Lots more males than usual  in the  saturday matinee for some reason.....

Missed Siobhan, Ibinabo and Suzie post cast change  , but everything was working well and looked sharp  . They needed to stop the music drowning out  bits of Omigod You Guys, but otherwise everything was fine.  Struck how strong Carley  was   as Elle . She's mined  even  more of her own laughs  from the script, channels Sheridan's gags better and better  at other points,   sounded really good, and  stood out convincingly as the leader of the new pack.. Liked he relationship between her and her new Emmett.  Peter Davison was also doing a great job adding some real menace to Callaghan. Tamara also gets funnier and funnier - she's one of the people I would go back to Chicago  for,  if they  ever cast her as Roxie.

#2728 defythestars

defythestars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

I miss Siobhan too! Glad someone else is! I'm going to see her new show on Friday at Soho Theatre, its called Ex. Here's hoping she's on top form! Not sure what the show will be like though . . .

#2729 The Wicked Blonde

The Wicked Blonde

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

View Postdjp, on 06 November 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

Tamara also gets funnier and funnier - she's one of the people I would go back to Chicago  for,  if they  ever cast her as Roxie.

oh my god she would be an AMAZING Roxie!! never realised that!

I saw the new cast tuesday night and i could NOT believe there wasn't a single understudy or swing on! That's a first for me! Even at Sheridan's last Denise was off, so i was very surprised.

I quite enjoyed the new cast actually, will post a full review this weekend when i have time!!

#2730 Zinone

Zinone

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Anyone know what the day seat situation is like on Saturday mornings these days?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users