12 replies to this topic

#1 pepem

pepem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

Does anyone have any info on when Barbra Streisand tickets are going on sale?

#2 lizzie

lizzie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(pepem @ Apr 23 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post
Does anyone have any info on when Barbra Streisand tickets are going on sale?

I think there is due to be an announcement later on this week. Some websites are already offering tickets as part of 'luxury packages'  but Ticketmaster is the official ticket broker. The London venue will be The O2. Hope that helps!

#3 pepem

pepem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(lizzie @ Apr 23 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post
I think there is due to be an announcement later on this week. Some websites are already offering tickets as part of 'luxury packages'  but Ticketmaster is the official ticket broker. The London venue will be The O2. Hope that helps!

I am currently working in New Zealand and would appreciate anyone who reads this board to keep me informed if anything is going on sale.

#4 lizzie

lizzie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(pepem @ Apr 23 2007, 10:08 PM) View Post
I am currently working in New Zealand and would appreciate anyone who reads this board to keep me informed if anything is going on sale.

The Streisand European tour has just been announced. She is defintiely playing London on July 18th (possibly the 22nd too), at the O2 Arena, I think. The press release said that tickets would be on sale on May 4th. Let's hope they are not astronomically priced!

#5 kgc

kgc

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

Tickets are up to 500, cheapest 100. Isn't she rich enough already. Does she only think the well off are worthy of seeing her. Considering Madonna got criticised for charging 120 as well.
As a student there is no way I can afford even the cheapest tickets for the concert. Most decent concerts I've been to charged no more than about 30 tops, which I presumed was generally the standard price. Also if you compare prices to headline events such as Glastonbury (which I believe were around 130, although still too much) and the Princess Diana memorial concert I think it is appalling.
Apologies for the rant, but with tickets prices so high she's basically excluding a lot of people.

#6 pork chop

pork chop

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

Its most certainly aimed at people who have X amounts of cash who are allowed to spend frivilously on their black amex cards and who can easilly afford 600 thrice for tickets . I have always felt that her concerts were only for America's and Englands elite . I paid 160 for Madonna and thought very expensive but you could really see where your money went . Seeing another great next week , Diana ross. Even with that the ticket only cost 50 . I feel its just sticking two fingers up at the people who really support her as an artist and saying that she is quite happy for us to buy her records watch her movies but unless you can afford me live stay away . Also people will pay it , she will sell out , but it will be an audience full of Elton's, Beckhams and so on . JUst like her Millenium concert , the closest i ever got was the DvD of the concert and not a single average joe in the audience . Spielberg , Michael Jackson , Michael douglas .

100 to sit at the back , I will wait for the DVD .

#7 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(pork chop @ May 3 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post
Its most certainly aimed at people who have X amounts of cash who are allowed to spend frivilously on their black amex cards and who can easilly afford 600 thrice for tickets . I have always felt that her concerts were only for America's and Englands elite . I paid 160 for Madonna and thought very expensive but you could really see where your money went . Seeing another great next week , Diana ross. Even with that the ticket only cost 50 . I feel its just sticking two fingers up at the people who really support her as an artist and saying that she is quite happy for us to buy her records watch her movies but unless you can afford me live stay away . Also people will pay it , she will sell out , but it will be an audience full of Elton's, Beckhams and so on . JUst like her Millenium concert , the closest i ever got was the DvD of the concert and not a single average joe in the audience . Spielberg , Michael Jackson , Michael douglas .

100 to sit at the back , I will wait for the DVD .
Last time she came she spent the whole time reading the songs and the audience "banter" off an autocue. I won't be wasting my money. I doubt I'd shell out 600 to see Callas and Caruso sing together....

Sebastian

#8 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

I seem to remember that the last time she appeared over here, the tickets did not all sell and the touts were having to give them away. I wonder what will happen this time, especially as there are now younger audiences who may not even know or care who she is.

Incidentally, there was an article in the Telegraph by Neil McCormick about this concert and he stated that Streisand has only appeared in London once before. He obviously has never heard of Funny Girl in which she starred back in the 60s at the Prince of Wales.

And will someone please inform Michael Coveney that Sondheim wrote both music and lyrics for A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, and that it was not a collaboration, as he states in his review of Side By Side By Sondheim. Such ignorance is really inexcusable in a theatre critic.

#9 musicmancjay

musicmancjay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(Tintin @ May 3 2007, 05:05 PM) View Post
I seem to remember that the last time she appeared over here, the tickets did not all sell and the touts were having to give them away. I wonder what will happen this time, especially as there are now younger audiences who may not even know or care who she is.

Sold out within half an hour... 100 tickets now on ebay for coming up to 1200... I have one upset and slightly peeved housemate who wanted two top price tickets!!
"Just when he should have been lying, he's telling the truth!"

#10 pesa

pesa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(musicmancjay @ May 4 2007, 10:26 AM) View Post
Sold out within half an hour... 100 tickets now on ebay for coming up to 1200... I have one upset and slightly peeved housemate who wanted two top price tickets!!

They have put the 21st July on sale too now, have you tried for that date, SEE are selling the shows too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users