• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheoThee

TheoThee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

Please excuse what is probably going to turn into a rather long post. I am 26 and have always wanted to be involved in theatre. I have written and directed amateur plays and I have done a small bit of acting. I have spent the last few years as a carer and had to get a 'regular' job to pay for that; I am a teacher. However, changes in circumstances have meant that I am now free to do what I love. I am desperate to go to drama school, probably to do an acting course but I don't know whether I may be better suited to directing or playwriting. Given that I have quite vague ideas on this I wondered if a foundation course would be best? However, I am 26 and I have a BA, MA and teaching qualification in (non-drama) Arts subjects. Basically what I am asking is what level of qualification should I be applying for? My experience is somewhat limited and I am unsure of what route to take. All I know is that I have a passion for theatre and I am desperate to finally pursue it. Any words of advice would be gratefully received.

#2 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

My honest opinion is that you need to establish what you want to do.

Theatrical training of any description is expensive and a big commitment. Based on what you've said, I'm not convinced that any course that attempts to 'cover all the bases' is actually going to move you any further forward.

If I were in your position, I think I'd be applying for postgrad acting courses at one of the CDS schools.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users