- - - - -

EVITA - Elena vs Abbie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bad Idea Bear_*

Guest_Bad Idea Bear_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:52 PM

Just wondered - has anyone seen both Elena Roger and Abbie Osman perfroming EVITA and is there much difference between the two?

#2 Guest_ps_*

Guest_ps_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:27 PM

You cannot compare the two actresses and it's great that they choose to give two very different performances.
As you will no doubt have realised most people want to see Elena Roger's and I can understand why.

Abbie's performance is good but nothing really special, she can sing pretty well but is not as good an actress and does not dance like Elena Rogers does.

Elena performs the role like nobody else could, she is a fiery Argentinian and has a strong accent that some do not like, personally I love it and it only adds to her performance and I for one understand every word she sings.
She is also an incredible Tango dancer and her performance of 'Buenos Aires' is oustanding and always brings the house down, no previous production of Evita ever saw it's leading lady move like Elena does in this song. Above and beyond all this she is a fabulous actress and you really see Eva Peron's life, her performance has seen her nominated for an Olivier Award which I really hope she wins, she is truly amazing.

Enjoy the show whoever you see but I really do have to recommend you see it with Elena Roger, you won't be dissapointed.

#3 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

For me it is Elena's accent that gives her role the authenticity it needs. Her whole persona just fits into the role perfectly and she produced for me a mesmerizing performance.

I haven't seen Abbie so cannot comment.

#4 westy

westy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:58 AM

I can't comment on Elena as unfortunately I didn't see her in the role. HOwever, I thought Abbie was dreadful.

Quite a good voice, although her high notes were unpleasant to listen too. No energy though - and the show was very flat when I saw it. It was Thursday mat about 3 weeks after it opened.

#5 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:28 AM

Abbie Osmon has clearer diction, but her singing voice isn't as good as Elena Roger's and lacks the power, and her dancing isn't quite as snappy. Overall I think the show's a little better with Elena Roger, but I don't agree with the attitude some people had on the old board: that one is the greatest performer ever and the other is unbearable. (Opinions varied as to which way round they were.)
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users