369 replies to this topic

#1 lovestheatre

lovestheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Having read the previous Jersey Boys thread, it didnt end well....shall we just talk about the show now and not about who loves who and what not?

Having seen the show I think it is brilliant, a great show!

#2 Guest_RagDoll_*

Guest_RagDoll_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

This will be a general post to get the ball rolling again! I absolutely love the show. Going for my 11th time in the New Year and have 3 more sets of tickets booked so I can get my fix of the current before the new guys take over! Really looking forward to the change, will be interesting to see a different take on Tommy De Vito who is my favourite. Glenn portrays Tommy's mix of arrogance and charm so well it'll be nice to see how Jon Boydon does it!

My favourite part has to be the scene in Gyp's basement and Tommy saying 'Buy me out? You don't buy me out, I buy you out!' and Bob says, 'With what Tommy?' 'Fine, buy me out!' Favourite song is Who Loves You... I will stop there, as I could just list all of them!

Hope you've all had a good weekend. x

#3 susanmc

susanmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

We went in october and it blew me away!. I've seen a few shows but nothing came close to the JB. It was a brilliant storyline, and so many songs that i didn't realise The Four Seasons sang!.

Going back in march to see the lion king, but were going back to see the JB again in october 2010, and i have to go again in november with a couple of friends who haven't seen it yet.

Well i have to be a good friend haven't i LOL

#4 Guest_RagDoll_*

Guest_RagDoll_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

I am exactly the same! Everytime someone mentions the show I'm like 'I'll come with you!' Haha

#5 susanmc

susanmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(RagDoll @ Dec 13 2009, 09:06 PM) View Post
I am exactly the same! Everytime someone mentions the show I'm like 'I'll come with you!' Haha

Theres see, that's being a good friend and were hard to find biggrin.gif

#6 Guest_mm_*

Guest_mm_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

Think it was never mentioned in the other JB thread that  Jye Frasca and Tee Jaye are staying.

#7 RagDoll

RagDoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Oh really!? That has made my rather rubbish day much better! Thank you!

#8 Theatre is spelt THEATRE

Theatre is spelt THEATRE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

I have been to see the show 10 times or so, the last time being last week.  
Its the best West End show that I have ever seen, yes, I do go to the stagedoor and ONLY because the cast are so friendly and approachable, I have in the past asked for autographs and photos, but a stalker I am not.........

Cast change day is going to be a very sad day for everyone for so many reasons.....so please, please, if you are reading this, you obviously love the show, so cant we all act as adults (yes even those that only log on as guests), stop the whinging and backbiting and be thankful that we have managed to see all the fantastic guys n gals in their roles and wish them all luck in whatever and wherever their careers take them....

xXx

#9 Guest_JB fan_*

Guest_JB fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone know yet if Ryan Molloy is staying after March? I hope he is staying as he is so believable in the role. A very talented Actor & he has the perfect voice to sing Frankie.

Who would replace him if he goes? I can't imagine the show without Ryan sad.gif I have seen Jye Frasca once & thought he was fantastic &. he would be my choice if Ryan does go. I have never seen him perform on stage but I have just watched the video of Children In Need on Youtube & have to say I wasn't too keen on Scott Monello as he seemed to spend the whole performance with his face screwed up & his eyes half closed as if he was in pain.  Far too serious! Thank goodness the other guys were relaxed and smiling. I see from reading the last thread that he is staying. I sincerely hope it is only as the Alternate if Children in Need is anything to go by!

Very pleased to read that Stephen Ashfield is staying. He is an excellent Bob & another fine Actor & what a voice. I will be very sad if Philip Bulcock & Glenn Carter go too. All 4 guys are so good together.

#10 Guest_Guest rob_*

Guest_Guest rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

I booked some tickets at the box office on Saturday and apparently Ryan is staying, according to the lady at the box office. And I too love the show! I will be sad when all 4 of the leads go. I cant wait to go again.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users