Jersey Boys

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
369 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest rob_*

Guest_Guest rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

sorry I should say i will be sad when cast change day comes! Im temped to go on the 14th but its Mothers Day so could get into trouble lol!

Rob

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Guest rob @ Dec 14 2009, 09:40 PM) View Post
sorry I should say i will be sad when cast change day comes! Im temped to go on the 14th but its Mothers Day so could get into trouble lol!

Rob

Take your Mum!

#13 Guest_Girl_*

Guest_Girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

Zara Warren from Hairspray is joining as a girl

#14 Guest_JB Fan 2_*

Guest_JB Fan 2_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Zara is starting in March as a swing.. covering Lorraine!!! Cannot wait to see her as Lorraine...

As as for cast change being Mothers Day.. bring your Mum... I am!!! I does help that she is a fan of the show though

#15 RagDoll

RagDoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

I've learnt not to trust what they say at the theatre, they've told me complete rubbish on so many occasions!

That was in reply to someone before about Ryan staying, didn't realise it had gone to two pages, sorry!

#16 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...s-West-End.html

Jersey Boys had some rather posh visitors the other day smile.gif

#17 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

For those interested in the cast change:
The Stage Manager told me that they are losing 8 people this time around.
It has been confirmed that: Glenn Carter, Philip Bulcock, Suzy Bastone, Ashley Hale, Madeleine Harland, Michelle Bishop, Kieran Jae & Christopher D Hunt are all leaving.  If I add up correctly, thats the 8.  
Though Ryan has not said anything directly either way, it does appear that he is staying, no one is going to believe anything until he annouces it himself.
Personally, I am gutted to lose any of them, they are such a talented cast.  In particular, Kieran (my personal favourite), Suzy and Glenn will be the hardest to say goodbye to.
Roll on next Friday and my 81st performance, will see it as much as I can while Kieran is doing his last official run as Bobby, since Stephen Ashfield is on holiday for 10 days.

Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#18 Guest_supa*_*

Guest_supa*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:17 AM

Wow Tina, thanks so much for the info, and dedication to the show, i would presume you know everyone involved pretty well by now, 81 shows i'm actually quite envious.
I've been 4 times, but really wanna try and go at least a couple more before the cast change, i just cant see anyone else being as great as Glenn as Tommy, or as so perfect as Phil with the comedy timing etc, both are perfection..But do you have any insider info on what the guys and girls are up to when they leave? Is Glenn really going into Pricilla?
And will you continue your dedication to the show with the cast change?

Thanks again Tina, happy new year..x

#19 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

I honestly don't know what Glenn will do, it was certainly rumour from some of the cast members that Glenn had gone for JD's role in Priscilla, as to whether that is true, I don't know.  I can always try asking him next time I see him, but I have a memory like a sieve, so will probably forget.
I don't have insider information as such, I wish I did, just bits and pieces the cast tell me, and thats not all that often.
As for my dedication to the show, past cast change, it is likely to stay as it is, I will certainly be interested to see what Jon Boydon makes of Tommy, and Eugene McCoy of Nicky.  We also have Michelle Francis coming back as Francine, and as I only saw it a couple of times before she left, I dont actually remember her.
My dedication to the show is mostly due to my love of The 4 Seasons, and I have also made many friends, over the time.  Including a young lady who has now become one of my best friends.
A major factor will also be what Kieran Jae goes on to do, as I have every intention of following him to his next project, and unfortunately have limited funds, so Jersey may have to be sacrificed slightly.  
However, at the moment, thats probably a good thing, as I am practically living there at the moment, the 80 performances have been 98% since March 1st this year.
With 5 shows within a week coming up, I think I may need professional help LOL.
But, its Kieran as Bobby, so the rest of my life takes a back burner LOL
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#20 Guest_supa*_*

Guest_supa*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

smile.gif Well tina, me love, i thinks its great, and i may be joining you, i want to get in as many performances as poss before cast change, and i really want to see all 4 together as much as posse too, i've been 4 times and only seen all 4 principles (inc Ryan) once!

It is on this, (and because i don't thrust the info i get from the box office anymore, after being told cast change was on the saturday and booking some very expensive seats, for that to be wrong, and now going to miss the last day-   angry.gif  )
That i was wondering if you knew who is on on tuesday night? for my first 2010 show, or of anyone else knows would you be kind enough to share?

Thanks very much and i hope everyone has an amazing 2010  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users