3 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

Don't knock Jan..I too was rather taken aback when I first came on to the new site at the facility of the light bulb to look like it was taking over. This new discussion board is very tricky - all go hither and thither with pictures of people [ my God, is there there nowhere to hide?] There seems to be a weird posting on the Oliviers column - and do we need a separate section for this topic? And I can't see where to respond to the blogs if it is possible to do so. The smileys..well, nice but and you can't really see where the interst is, how many on a topic etc as quickly as you could before. And you can't see where to post, I mean the send button. It seems to be right at the bottom of the thread rather than right by one's entry and can one see the enty before you post in case of booboos? I can't see how to do this.  Call me technoretarded if you like but actually I'm not half bad at this internet lark usually. All in all, this new discussion board is not inviting enough , for me anyway. I will persevere. Maybe.

#2 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

I hesitate to post as I fear I may be the "etc." but at the risk of appearing omipresent (too late anyway), stick with it Lynette.  I post on a few boards and this is easily the simplest and clearest format I've seen.  If you find it too cluttered you can change your setting to hide avatars and signatures.  To check a post before you send click on the "preview post" option.  If you see an error after you post then click on "edit" at the bottom right of your post, change what you want, then click on "submit modified post".

#3 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

It's a good board Lynette and as a user you have many features that you can use to control what you see and how you respond.

And please remember I'm one of the long lasting light bulbs.

Look forward to chattting with you on here.

#4 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:44 PM

Don't feel bad, Lynette, I'm struggling a bit with it too and I thought I was reasonably internet savvy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users