#32 Panotrope

Panotrope

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ May 18 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post
I've just realised I misspelled ****! Not enough *s.  laugh.gif

Such humor! I'm in stitches. But what do you think of the production this thread's all about?

#33 Owen

Owen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

A misconceived shambolic mess which mercifully is only scheduled to pollute the Olivier stage for a few months - avoid.

#34 brian

brian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Owen @ May 19 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post
A misconceived shambolic mess which mercifully is only scheduled to pollute the Olivier stage for a few months - avoid.

I went to the matinee today (Saturday 19th May) full of apprehension having read some of the above comments. I have always loved the film - yet reading some of the criticisms I almost gave it a miss. It was wonderful and I enjoyed it immensely. Obviously, you cannot compare it to the film - but the production I felt was excellent with some great effects. The actors were completely likeable and so versatile  - should be congratulated on excellent performances. I didn't think I would like the music but the vocals and score came over well. Afterwards, I thought I would test some of the audience who were nearby - they were all unanimous in their approval. Only sad thing, he died in the end and we all wanted him to live.

#35 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Owen @ May 19 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post
But apart from that, Mrs Lincoln.. wink.gif

Sebastian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users