Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

wizard has been cast. announcement soon

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Clues????????? Has the offer gone out to him yet?

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

news???

#34 Guest_Guest_jen_*_*

Guest_Guest_jen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Right, I can't see Rachel in the green, but DEFINITELY think she has the voice for Elphaba. I haven't heard Louise yet, i must listen to her. I'm sure they'll be good though. I'll give them a chance.

Who is playing the wizard? any clues? And Harriet Thorpe is going, right? sad.gif

Jen
x

#35 Guest_Guest_tommo2k_*_*

Guest_Guest_tommo2k_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 19 2010, 09:23 PM) View Post
wizard has been cast. announcement soon

And the point of this post is?..."ooh I know so much, but I am soooo important I can't share!"

#36 GasAttacK

GasAttacK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:14 AM

I love Rachel and can't wait to see her take over the biggest and best female role in the West End.

To be honest I really didn't like Kerry Ellis as Elphie. Everyone plays the role slightly differently and although I know a lot of people liked her in the role, I much prefer Alexia. I'm not saying Kerry wasn't good, she just didn't do it for me.

Alexia has been a fantastic Elphie IMO and it's a tough act for Rachel to follow but I'm sure she'll rise to the challenge. I supported her on IDA and was convinced she was clearly the most talented contestant on the show and it seems the people who hand out the top West End roles agree with me.

Good luck to Louise as well. If anything she has an even tougher act to follow. Dianne Pilkington has been the perfect Glinda and I'm not convinced there will ever be anyone better.

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

erm no its not that at all... he only accepted the offer on monday and wicked have said they wanted to announce it first.

QUOTE(Guest_tommo2k_* @ Jan 20 2010, 11:14 PM) View Post
And the point of this post is?..."ooh I know so much, but I am soooo important I can't share!"

#38 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(GasAttacK @ Jan 21 2010, 09:14 AM) View Post
Good luck to Louise as well. If anything she has an even tougher act to follow. Dianne Pilkington has been the perfect Glinda and I'm not convinced there will ever be anyone better.

Dianne is certainly a fantastic actress but I never really thought much of her singing, she seems to really struggle in places. Think Louise will be far better.

#39 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

That's my feeling too. I love Dianne (though Sarah a little more!) but what I've seen from Louise thus far makes me think she'll be awesome! She has a very strong voice with a huge range, and has the comedy thing down as well as the emotion.

Yep, she's gonna rock it.

#40 GasAttacK

GasAttacK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

I think it's the little things Dianne brings to the role that set her apart IMO. Her acting is sensational - the best I've seen - and although I'm sure Louise has an equally good voice, I can't imagine anyone could play the part better than Dianne.

Of course thats just my opinion and everyone will have their own preferences. I'm sure I'll enjoy Louise's performance but for me, Dianne is Glinda and always will be.

I will be going to Dianne's final show on the 27th March and also the opening night for the new cast on Mar 29th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users