89 replies to this topic

#51 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

I've booked to see Wicked again, so any Rachel reviews would be welcome!!

How does she compare/contrast to previous Elphabas?

#52 MusicalDee

MusicalDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Im soooo excited to see her as eplhaba saw her as Meat in We Will Rock You and she was amazing not just at that part but unbelievably talented we also met her after n got our pic with her and she was lovely so im soo excitedddd to go see wicked again this will be my 3rd time with 3 different elphaba's haha x  xxx

#53 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

i saw wicked on saturday evening for the first time since just after it was announced that kerry ellis was going to broadway (i remember it because she was trying out her american elphaba!) and i was surprised how fresh the show looked (okay they havent had chance to get lazy yet as they are only a month in - nothing against wicked particular, just something which is a fact of life in long running shows)

i thought that both rachel tucker and louise dearman were both fantastic (as were all the leads including a very confident lewis bradley - he fills those tight trousers well!)

i thought that rachel brought a freshness to her part, and you could see her underlying anger as elphaba which errupted at several points during the course of the show, and her delivery of the wizard and i and defying gravity where spot on. her chemistry with louise dearman was evident, and i liked the way that they had made personal tweeks to the show rather than just trotting out the same old standard elphaba and glinda

it was also amazing after a nasal performance from both idina menzel and kerry ellis to hear the spoken elements of the part be delivered with crystal clarity!

#54 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Millie Dillmount @ May 3 2010, 09:47 AM) View Post
i saw wicked on saturday evening for the first time since just after it was announced that kerry ellis was going to broadway (i remember it because she was trying out her american elphaba!) and i was surprised how fresh the show looked (okay they havent had chance to get lazy yet as they are only a month in - nothing against wicked particular, just something which is a fact of life in long running shows)

i thought that both rachel tucker and louise dearman were both fantastic (as were all the leads including a very confident lewis bradley - he fills those tight trousers well!)

i thought that rachel brought a freshness to her part, and you could see her underlying anger as elphaba which errupted at several points during the course of the show, and her delivery of the wizard and i and defying gravity where spot on. her chemistry with louise dearman was evident, and i liked the way that they had made personal tweeks to the show rather than just trotting out the same old standard elphaba and glinda

it was also amazing after a nasal performance from both idina menzel and kerry ellis to hear the spoken elements of the part be delivered with crystal clarity!

I've booked to see the show again, so how long into the run before they get lazy!!!

#55 My Dog's Name is Sally

My Dog's Name is Sally

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ May 3 2010, 11:06 AM) View Post
I've booked to see the show again, so how long into the run before they get lazy!!!

I hope it's not too soon!!! (LOL)

Rachel did a superb job when I saw the show.  Only thing is, she's almost to pretty to play the role.  She looks good even when she's green!!!  

No complaints here, mind you.

#56 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(My Dog @ May 10 2010, 04:46 PM) View Post
I hope it's not too soon!!! (LOL)

Rachel did a superb job when I saw the show. Only thing is, she's almost to pretty to play the role. She looks good even when she's green!!!

No complaints here, mind you.

I always rated Rachel on IDA and of course Lee is a proven good performer. Actually, I saw Tommy a few years ago with Jonathan Wilkes. I must dig out the programme to see if they were in the cast.

I'm not a fully converted paid-up member of the Wicked fan club - yet. The songs are wonderful although I thought the story was a bit tenuous.
I am booked to go again and can't wait to see the show in the summer.

Last time it was Dianne, Alexia, Oli et al. George was on as Boq and he was great. I think Rachel, Louise, Lee ..... have the potential to be a really strong cast. I think they might convert me!!

#57 argen

argen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

Went to see wicked yesterday, and it was wonderful!!! I liked Rachel a lot, i do think her acting and singing grew as the performance went by, she did forget a line in im not that girl, but i don't think anyone notes.. well, at least my boyfriend didn't even know haha.... Liked defying gravity but i think her best moment was No good deed, it was amazing!!! Loved glinda's voice as well..cannot remember her name at the moment... And as for Lee ,i really liked him..but i do think his dancing needs to be a little bit better... compared to other fiyeros i've seen..
Overall i loved is as usually!!!!!! smile.gif
So far.... Wicked / Spring Awakening / Beauty & The beast / We will rock you / Cats / Cabaret / Avenue Q/ Piaf / The lion King / The sound of music / Hairspray / Sweet Charity / The producers / Rent /Tick Tick Boom! / The last 5 Years / Sister Act / Oliver / I love you, youre perfect, now change / Chicago / Legally Blonde / La Cage aux folles / Hair / Tap Dogs /Jersey Boys / Drowsy Chaperone / Spiderman Turn of the dark / Memphis / The Addams Family / Million Dollar Quartet / Priscilla Queen of the Desert / American Idiot / Mary Poppins / In the Heights/ Betwixt / Crazy for you / Viva Forever / Singing in the rain / Ordinary Days / Les Miserables / Next to normal / Dreamboats and petticoats / Rock of Ages /

#58 lissielis

lissielis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

Saw Rachel on Sat afternoon... this was the first time back to Wicked since Kerry left as my friends and I were not fans of Alexia

We were pleasently surprised by Rachel... vocally we though she was good... her NGD and TWAI were excellent... OK DG was not as epic as Kerrys but it was still good...

Acting wise.. we want her to play with the stroppyness of Elphaba in act 1... yes she was angry sometimes but not stroppy and pissed off at the world the whole time.. like Kerry

Kerry will always be our Elphaba but we are excited to see how Rachel grows into the role

#59 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(lissielis @ May 25 2010, 09:50 AM) View Post
Saw Rachel on Sat afternoon... this was the first time back to Wicked since Kerry left as my friends and I were not fans of Alexia

We were pleasently surprised by Rachel... vocally we though she was good... her NGD and TWAI were excellent... OK DG was not as epic as Kerrys but it was still good...

Acting wise.. we want her to play with the stroppyness of Elphaba in act 1... yes she was angry sometimes but not stroppy and pissed off at the world the whole time.. like Kerry

Kerry will always be our Elphaba but we are excited to see how Rachel grows into the role

I saw Alexia and wasn't that keen. In fact, I'm not sure about Wicked. Did I like it or not? I can't decide. I was very tired when I saw it. So, I've booked to see it again and give it and the new cast another go.

#60 Mel Woo

Mel Woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, art, book club

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

I need to see this again. At the moment Rachel is the only London Elphaba I've yet to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users