• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 Falcon90

Falcon90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Granted Wicked was my first (and now definitely of many) West End experience, I loved Rachel as Elphaba! Her Defying Gravity was brilliant and I was pretty much mesmerised at the end of the first act. And to the person who said she looks pretty even though green....totally agree! :D  

Wicked has created very high expectations for the next shows I intend to see.

#62 Sian

Sian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

I have seen Wicked 9 times and have only seen Rachel Tucker as Elphaba to be honest so cannot compare! but I am absolutley in love with her as Elphie :) the first time I saw Wicked I didnt know much about it..... and so lets just say her Defying Gravity and that whole scene absolultley blew me away and left me speechless! id never seen anything like it! and her No Good Deed is also phenomenal :D
i'd definitley reccommend people see her, her voice is incredible x

Wicked <3 Ghost <3
The Wizard Of Oz, Legally Blonde, Shrek,
Mamma Mia, Hairspray, We Will Rock You, The Lion King, Blood Brothers :)

#63 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Incredibly talented but also find her a little bland. Technically brilliant by not exciting to watch

#64 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

I think she's an incredible Elphaba, and I haven't heard anyone sing No Good Deed better than her.  Her acting can be slightly hit and miss - I've seen her blow it out of the park, and I've also seen her acting be slightly less brilliant.  But when she's on fire there's no-one better in my opinion as an overall Elphaba.  I loved Kerry and thought Alexia was pretty good, and have seen enough recordings of Idina, but Rachel still tops my list.   She had such a brilliant partnership with Louise, I'll be interested to see if the ame can be replicated with Gina.

#65 westendfan1

westendfan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have seen a number of people in the role of Elphaba now.  For me Rachel will always be the stand out performer.  I love Rachels interpretation of Elphaba and I love the depth she brings to the character,  I love the element of dark mysteriousness she brings to the role.  Rachel is certainly the strongest actress to play the role so far, so much so, that I would really love to see her do some straight theatre and even a T.V drama.

The role of Elphaba is so demanding both physically and vocally, Wizard and I being a particular favourite of mine (technically harder than most people realise) and even on performances where she may be a little tired - she still has the audience buzzing with excitement.

I really admire that after playing Elphaba for nearly 2 years now that she still manages to keep it fresh and exciting.  Perhaps this is why people come back time after time and the box office continues to smash records.

#66 Sian

Sian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Totally agree, think the way she plays Elphaba is mesmerising! and nobody can deny her voice is just amazing, its insane!
I'd be very interested to see her in something else :)
and also very interested to see future Elphie's but whoever they are im sure i'll always have a soft spot for Rachel!!!
Wicked <3 Ghost <3
The Wizard Of Oz, Legally Blonde, Shrek,
Mamma Mia, Hairspray, We Will Rock You, The Lion King, Blood Brothers :)

#67 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

rachel has managed (imo) to re-create that role entirely and make it her own. standing out from all others. she is phenominal even when ill! a credit to the west end!

#68 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Rachel is definitely one of the reasons why I return to Wicked time and time again. I absolutely adore her voice, it's stunning with so much depth and the power behind it is just incredible. I do love her take on the character as well and I really feel the audience warms to her and when Defying Gravity comes round everybody is just completely on her side. She really wins the audience round.

I took friends who had never seen it before to December cast change, the evening performance. They were completely overwhelmed by her voice and (I'm not exagerating here) couldn't get out of their seats after Defying Gravity haha!

I'll be very sad when Rachel leaves which I think will be at the end of the current contract but she will have had a hugely successful run and I will make sure I'm there on her last night. Posted Image

#69 ProjectTucker

ProjectTucker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Hi guys, I figure you'd want to know about a cast change present we are trying to put together for Rachel Tucker - If ANY of you are interested or you have friends who may be, can you please pass on the link.

For more info go to http://projecttucker...-many-of-you-we

And can I just add - Rachel Tucker's Elphaba is flawless in my humble opinion, what a phenomenal actress she is.

#70 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Rachel's debut album is being released on the 22nd July, titled 'The Reason'! I can't wait!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users