15 replies to this topic

#1 pesa

pesa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

Great news that the incredibly talented Elena Roger will not be heading straight back to Buenos Aires once she finishes her incredible run as Eva Peron in Evita.

She'll be moving a few blocks to the Comedy Theatre to take on the part of Gabriella the Alitalia stewardess in 'Boeing Boeing', it'll be great for her to have some fun after such a challenging and emotional role and no doubt she'll be fabulous in Boeing Boeing too.

#2 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOH! That's GREAT!!! Do you know when exactly she starts??

#3 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Just found the answer to my question! 29th May!

#4 pesa

pesa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Virna @ May 11 2007, 01:13 PM) View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOH! That's GREAT!!! Do you know when exactly she starts??

She starts on the 29th May, apparently she's in rehearsal now as well as performing in Evita, there is something in todays Daily Mail and also on the Whatsonstage news pages.

I'll probably give her a few weeks to settle in before I go, i'd wanted to see the show and now i'll make sure I do.

#5 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

Same here!

#6 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

Bit of a comedown isn't it, to go from leading role to this supporting role??

#7 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Distant_Cousin @ May 17 2007, 04:39 PM) View Post
Bit of a comedown isn't it, to go from leading role to this supporting role??

I doubt she's looking at it like that!
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#8 triplet

triplet

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(josh @ May 17 2007, 04:52 PM) View Post
I doubt she's looking at it like that!

Are you kidding, this is a great move for anybody from music theatre who wants to prove themselves as an actress, and comedy is the hardest genre of them all. It's very difficult in this industry to be accepted as an actress when you are known for music theatre. As for it being a supporting role, that really is so unimportant in this particular production. It's the flow of the play and the pace, like a jigsaw, every piece is essential to get the whole picture. Go and see it, I cried laughing it's so funny.

#9 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

Agree with you triplet with everything you've said including the laughing! Went on the 29th. Does anyone know how long Elena and the others are staying for? I know it's booking until october but just wondering if they will stay until then?

#10 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

As triplet says this gives Elena a chance to show a new string to her bow. Also having come out of a year's run in Evita taking on a smaller role allows her to continue working, keep up her profile whilst also not having to carry the show and most importantly gives her vocals some chance to recover from a year of belting out all the high numbers in Evita. There will be other roles for her but for example taking on another big musical role straight off after Evita would have drawn direct comparisons to her Evita performance and having to move onto another musical role with rehersals dancing etc would have been a big ask for her. I could see her perhaps being in Cabarat if the run continues or maybe one of the Chicago roles,she'd make a nice Roxy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users