#11 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(Theatresquirrel @ Jun 27 2007, 10:56 PM) View Post
Funny thing is, I'm dying to see it but only for Reilly and Ejiofor, and not McGregor. Not that he's bad, but the other two are just a different class.

Yes, I really want to see it for Ejiofor. I saw him in The Seagull and thought he was wonderful wink.gif

#12 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

Josh, don't panic. Supporters were as you prob know limited to 4 tix only. But they say that supporters can book more tix after 8th Oct which might be when the public booking opens. So just put the date in diary and on phone reminder and the box office on speed dial. You'll get'em. Not everyone wants to see Othello - it is a bit of an aquired taste.

#13 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

Exactly. They've had lots of people become supporters recently for the priority booking but even so, how many supporters can they have...500? So if they all take 4, that's 2000 tickets, plus another say 1000 for friends, principal sponsors etc.  They seat what, 280? so that's 11 performances taken care of, leaving many thousand of tickets for you, Josh. Just get in quickly on 8th.

#14 Guest_Guest -Polly1_*

Guest_Guest -Polly1_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

The Donmar website says public booking opens on 15th October.

#15 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

And in tonight's Standard say that Jude Law is going to do Hamlet at the Donmar directed by Branagh - so another
hot ticket?
(Of course they say in the same article that David Tennant is in negotiation to play Hamlet at the RSC - given he features in all
their 2008 brochures I hope it's  a bit further along than that!)

#16 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:21 PM

The Donmar Hamlet is also reported on this site and The Stage website. Derek Jacobi as Malvolio too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users