No replies to this topic

#1 minmaytheatreco

minmaytheatreco

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

MINMAY THEATRE COMPANY ANNOUNCES “I HATE LOVE” 11 FEB 2009

Who doesn’t dread Valentine’s Day?  It’s just a commercial cash-in designed to throw sickly sweet images of romance in our faces for the sake of selling greeting cards and marking up restaurant prices.  You hate it, and so do we.  

For everyone who had a holiday break-up, doesn’t have anyone to break up with, or just wants a healthy dose of cynicism to counter the season of pink hearts and jewelry adverts, Minmay Theatre Company are proud to present our new cabaret show, “I Hate Love.”  “I Hate Love” will be performed on 11 FEBRUARY 2009 at BATTERSEA BARGE.  Doors will open at 7PM, and the show will begin at 8PM.  A cash bar and dinner options will be available on the evening.

Featuring songs about divorce, breaking up, cheating, quick shags, and more, “I Hate Love” presents a wide range of composers’ work, from Jacques Brel to Leonard Bernstein and Tom Lehrer to Jonathan Larson.  The show will also premiere two songs from Minmay Theatre Company’s current work in development, “Northern Line.”

“I Hate Love” stars Ben Baker (Zombie Prom, Red Hot and Jazz), Ryan E. Epps (Memories, This is a Chair), Rachel Hickson (RENT, The Wild Party), and Jamie Lee Pike (La Boheme at the Cock, Parade).  Magnus Gilljam (The Full Monty) music directs.

Unreserved tickets for “I Hate Love” are Ł8 and can be booked on the evening or in advance by emailing minmaytheatreco@googlemail.com.  Table reservations can be made via the Battersea Barge website at http://www.batterseabarge.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users