Kerry Ellis matinee today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

Having read so many messages on here saying that Kerry doesn't do matinees I was so excited when I went to see Wicked this afternoon and discovered that Kerry WAS on. I ran straight up to an usher when I arrived with my Mum (we'd booked a while ago and as it was a matinee was getting ready to be really dissappointed) and he directed me to a cast list board in the foyer and Kerry's name was at the top next to the charcter Elphaba.

Not seen the show since Idina and itb was my Mum's first time and we couldn't believe how amazing Kerry was. Her acting was really subtle and real. More of a genuine person than Idina. I loved Idina but I was just so surprised by Kerry. Kerry's voice has to be the strongest that I have ever heard. When she sang No Good Deed the audience screamed so loud I thought that people were going to start standing.

Just wanted to let people on here who had booked tickkets to a matinee and were worried they might not get to see Kerry that I can promise you she was 100% there today and brilliant.

#2 Helly

Helly

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

So is Kerry only not doing wednesday matinees then?

#3 Guest_elphaben_*

Guest_elphaben_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

apparently kerry is doing 7 perf a week now (not sure which ones) and will soon be back up to 8

#4 TracyK

TracyK

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, crime books and sci fi

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

I was at the matinee too today and was so glad to see Kerry, was my first time I actually got to see her. Had previously seen Cassidy Janson who was good and Idina who is amazing but on Saturday Kerry's performance and voice just blew me away. Her comedy and her acting were fantastic and very moving and her voice during no good deed was stunning.  Cant wait to see her again.
Tracy
There's Always Tomorrow

#5 Clio

Clio

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

Great news!  Going a week on Wed to the matinee and had resigned myself to the fact that Kerry wouldn't be on.  Seen Shona who was great but really want to see Kerry.  Fingers Crossed!

#6 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

Am going this saturday matinee taking my mum who's never seen it but had seen Kerry in wwry and les mis so I hope she is on! She's amazing!

#7 Guest_elphaben_*

Guest_elphaben_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

so is kerry back doing 8 perf a week yet? im going for my 5th time on march 14th (wed mat) and STILL havnt seen kerry!!
any info wud b gratefully recieved...

#8 Guest_Guest_Brian_*_*

Guest_Guest_Brian_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

Yeah Kerry is now doing 8 shows a week.

I was at the matinee today and she was on breathtaking form. Fifth time I've been since she's taken over and have only not seen her once. Read on another thread on here that she's leaving in July when her contract is up. If that is true then all I can say is that the show will lose it's strongest asset and the reason that I keep going back. Am going again in three weeks and can not wait !

#9 elphaben

elphaben

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

thats great news! thanks v much for the info...im not going to get my hopes up until i actually get to the theatre though hehe...no actually till i see her in front of me on tht stage, then i will get v excited hehe!

#10 Guest_Steve_*

Guest_Steve_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:19 AM

Elphaben don't worry she'll be there. I saw her last night which was her eighth show last week and for someone who'd sung and performed that role seven times already in the past six days and already once that day she was on blinding form. Compared to Idina she starts the show a bit tentatively compared to Idina who arrives like she's been shot out a rocket, but once you're half way through Wizard and I you know you're watching something very special. Cam home last night went straight on line and have booked to see her again in three weeks. Amazing I woke up still hearing her sing No Good Deed in my head. Maybe it is worth checking holiday dates with the box office though just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users