Kerry Ellis matinee today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 25 2007, 10:19 AM) View Post
Elphaben don't worry she'll be there. I saw her last night which was her eighth show last week and for someone who'd sung and performed that role seven times already in the past six days and already once that day she was on blinding form.

Don't want to be picky, but she actually didn't do either show on Wednesday, so last night was her sixth show that week.

#12 Boq

Boq

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order:<br />Ruthie Henshall, Linzi Hateley, John Barrowman, Roger Rees, Kerry Ellis, Tonya Pinkins, Maggie Smith, Ian McKellen, Julie Atherton, Stephanie J.Block, Angela Lansbury, Elaine Paige, Hugh Jackman, Elena Roger, Philip Quast, David Suchet, Judi Dench, Fox-Jackson Keen

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

I just have to say I LOVE Kerry! Hope to see her again real soon. She completely blew me away with her performance.
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists.

- Stephen Sondheim

#13 elphaben

elphaben

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

was (or is!?) kerry on for todays maternee?-wed 28th-

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(elphaben @ Feb 28 2007, 03:24 PM) View Post
was (or is!?) kerry on for todays maternee?-wed 28th-

Yes, Kerry was on for today's matinee and she rocked!! rolleyes.gif

#15 elphaben

elphaben

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:16 AM

oooh i hope that is a sign that she will be on for the march 14th maternee for me!

#16 Guest_PJ_*

Guest_PJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

Yes,Kerry and the whole cast were brilliant at the matinee yesterday and was amazed it was a total full cast! Well done Wicked!

#17 elphaben

elphaben

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

id rather have oliver tompsett any day than adam garcia completing a full cast!

#18 Simba

Simba

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:29 PM

I think Adam has improved a great deal,so I woudnbt rather have Mr Thomsett myself,would rather have someone the producers choose at the lead Fiyero and an actor than has laods more experience and stage presence and one of the worlds best dancers  than Mr Thomsett whom I saw at Christmas in New York and was rather poor I thought.

#19 tinkerbell

tinkerbell

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

You obviously haven't seen Oliver play Fiyero!! And if you are going to be negative please try to get his name right, its Oliver Tompsett!!!

#20 elphaben

elphaben

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

i have to agree with that comment...you cant really pass judgement if you havnt seen him in the role. although i do agree with some of what your saying...but id still say adam is poor in the role, well in act 1 anyway. his as long as your mine is much better than dancing through life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users