#22 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(Simba @ Mar 1 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post
I think Adam has improved a great deal,so I woudnbt rather have Mr Thomsett myself,would rather have someone the producers choose at the lead Fiyero and an actor than has laods more experience and stage presence and one of the worlds best dancers  than Mr Thomsett whom I saw at Christmas in New York and was rather poor I thought.

If you saw his performance Simba i'm quite sure you would change your mind. Adam Garcia may well be one of the best dancers but its hardly a dance show is it? Adams vocals were passable at best, he copped out of the high note in ALAYM and generally 'got by'. Mr Thompsett sang it wonderfully and even danced it much better than Adam. Adam was cast on a promise from the producers because of his involvement in the LA workshops, not his overwhelming talent. I'm sure he's a great guy, he is a great dancer but he isn't the king of MT power ballad. There is a clip of Kerry and Oliver on 'youtube' if you'd like some evidence.  smile.gif

#23 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hey guys, glad to hear Kerry back doing matinee performances. I'd rather she didn't ruin her voice by doing them when she was ill, people should respect that. Put yourself in her position, you'd do the same. Anyway, about Adam Garcia and Oliver Tompsett. I saw Adam in Feb, and although I was quite fan of him he disappointed me somewhat. I felt he wasn't very strong on Dancing Through Life, however I still enjoyed his performance. I have recently heard a recording of  Oliver and Kerry singing As Long As Your Mine on youtube, and I have to say I love his voice. It's very sweet and compliments Kerry's wonderfully, I secretly hope that he is singing when I go back to London in June.

#24 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

I've seen both Adam and Oliver,whilst I was really really impressed with Oliver, Adam has really impressed me the last few times I have been.

#25 Charlotte

Charlotte

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

kerry ellis is fantastic in this role. I wonder what else she has lined up for July???......I have seen Idina, Shoshana and Kerry play this role and in my opinion (though other Idina fans will disagree) kerry beats them both for me. The character is so deep in kerrys portrayal and she brings a different side to elphaba that i hadn't seen with Idina and Shoshana. She has a very strong vocal ability also.

#26 elphaben

elphaben

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

saw kerry at yesturdays maternee and she totally blew me away! lived up to the hype definatley, so glad i wasnt dissapointed. she totally soared in her defying gravity and n.g.d. the most fantastic thing about kerry was her acting, now iv seen idina, shona and CJ in the role but kerrys acting was far more superior to all of them. she totally embodied the character whilst making the role her own and always staying in character. im now a very big fan of kerrys performance, she is a true musical theatre ACTRESS.

also special mention to Miriam Margoyles understudy, Kerry Washington. now i love miriam in the part but she was excellent, and  played the part somewhat differently to Miriam, taking her time to fool the auidience into thinking she was nice in most of the scenes in act 1. she also SINGS!

#27 groovygirl900

groovygirl900

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:29 PM

I have to say, although I havent seen adam garcia live, I have seen clips and I would definately rather see Oliver Tompsett again if I could!!! His voice is very strong and he has a certain presence!!! AMAZING if you ask me!!  I met him at victoria tube station last week when I was coming ack from billy elliot and he is such a lovely guy too!!

#28 xTanyax

xTanyax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Singing, dancing, acting, musicals, trampolining, spending time with friends.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

Kerry just gets better and better I can't even put it into words went to the show on Saturday and again tonight her voice is just so stunning and you just can't keep your eyes off her...she had a couple of giggling fits tonight which was just brilliant lol but people who hadn't seen the show didn't really notice that she wasn't suppose to be laughing.
I just love the show so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users