#1 jcajsjc

jcajsjc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Seriously?!

What is the point of a sing off? Because in the past 2 weeks and esp. this week the losers have been the better person.

Daniel Boys absolutley caned that sing off... by 100 miles... easily. Half the panel wanted Lewis gone... He's been in the bottom 2 a few times...

Daniel's actual main performance was better than Lewis's too.

Why do I get a feeling its gonna be a Craig - Lewis final.

What a total joke that decision was. ALW is meant to  be the big impressario of the theatre world but when he makes judgement calls like that...

how can anyone take  him seriously?!

#2 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

I have to disagree slightly.

I think the term 'fix' is a slightly strong phrase but I certainly think there's some tactical decisions being made by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

And I think it's in favour of Lee.

Daniel was Lee's ONLY challenger and Lee was Daniel's only challenger... If Andrew gets rid of Daniel it keep the path clear for Lee to win... which I think Andrew wants...

Will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

#3 TracyK

TracyK

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, crime books and sci fi

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

Have to agree tonight's show the result was simply stupid.  Daniel sang much better than Lewis and I cant believe ALW thought Lewis was better.  Have to imagine there is some kind of fix going on.
Tracyk
There's Always Tomorrow

#4 theatre*fairy

theatre*fairy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

Its a total fix just so Lee can win. angry.gif
Tommy: OK, very important. There are two types of women, type A and type B. You listenin'?
Frankie:  Yeah.
Tommy:OK, type A. They're real easy. Jump right into bed witcha. Then later on, they bust your balls. Type B. First, they play hard to get. Then later on, they bust your balls.
Frankie: I don't get it.
Tommy:Don't worry, you will.

#5 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

I agree with Bananafrit.

#6 xTanyax

xTanyax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Singing, dancing, acting, musicals, trampolining, spending time with friends.

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

That was totally rediclulous and I have lost all respect for the man, I mean Daniel was clearly the better performer and has a far superior voice he must want Lewis to win it's just silly.

#7 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

It's not a fix, but as with the Maria programme it would seem that Lloyd Webber is contrsucting a situation where the only person who could possibly win it is Lee who, as is perfectly obvious now Daniel has gone, is streaks ahead of the remaining few in talent and professionalism.  It's quite clear that Webber and the panel want him to win so they're going to make damn well sure he does.  So if the public actually vote for someone else to win I will be ever so extremely amused!! (although I would feel very sorry for Lee who certainly deserves to win for being, well, good).
I won't be called a baggage!

#8 kgc

kgc

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

I am horrified. I finally got around to seeing Evita today as well. I've not been impressed with any of the Josephs really, but Daniel was the best of a bad bunch. The reason I mention Evita is because they are pulling it for this trash. I hope Joseph is an absolute flop.

#9 jcajsjc

jcajsjc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

it took me three tries to get through to vote for Daniel. 2 of my other friends couldn't get through to vote for him at all. Not that those 2 made the difference but did anyone else have the same problem?

#10 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

but grahma norton did say that if it was on the public vote alone that it would have been daniel who lost last night - so partly alw is going along with the public opinion. however daniel has turned in the same performance every week - not that he can not sing but he cant act - its that cheesy tommy steele showman performance - i am not saying that he will end up back at the cemente works - i think that b.k. will sign him up for something - he would make a very good eddie in blood brothers

lewis whilst not the best performance, at least gives some variation in his performance

i think that lee with certainly win, and that it will be deserved - he can clear sing and act and is miles better than all of them - he is incredibly talented, and surely deserves to win because of his talent and ability - there will be no doubt that because of his experience, training and ability that he could and no doubt will manage 8 shows a week, which will be a relief for alw after the connie saga, because non of the others have the experience to provide them with the stamina to do 8 shows a week for a sustained run

lee meade for joseph!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users