55 replies to this topic

#51 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

Isn't the obvious reason Evita has had a sudden boost in tickets sales that its closure has been announced and people are trying to see it for the first (or last) time?

#52 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(M George @ May 22 2007, 08:37 AM) View Post
Yeah but it doesn't cost 50 per ticket to see Harry Potter.  I doubt it cost much more than a tenner per ticket to see Harry Potter.  It's a heck of a lot easier to find the money to go and see Harry Potter that it is to go and see a West End show.  From a financial point of view (and various others if you think about it) you can't compare cinema going with theatre going.

Meant Mr Radcliffe's current stage performance. Plenty of teen girls at that - paying 50.00 a pop

#53 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(In the Know @ May 22 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post
Meant Mr Radcliffe's current stage performance. Plenty of teen girls at that - paying 50.00 a pop

If you meant Radcliffe's stage performance then you should have been clearer in your post.
I won't be called a baggage!

#54 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(armadillo @ May 22 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
Isn't the obvious reason Evita has had a sudden boost in tickets sales that its closure has been announced and people are trying to see it for the first (or last) time?

Good point.  I seem to recall 'Miss Saigon' getting a huge boost in ticket sales upon announcing a closing date.
I won't be called a baggage!

#55 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(M George @ May 23 2007, 09:43 AM) View Post
If you meant Radcliffe's stage performance then you should have been clearer in your post.

oooohhhhh reprimand me

#56 Rosie

Rosie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with music- playing the oboe, singing and composition.<br />Anything to do with musicals!

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

I am a teenage girl... so technically that means i should've been voting for Ben or Lewis, but there's no way that was ever going to happen!
I like Lewis, I think he's good looking and has a great personality, and he has got talent, he's just not ready for a Westend role yet. With a few years more training I think he should try again. Although I do go to see several shows a year, so have a bit more of an idea about whether someone can hack it than your average teenaged Saturday night TV viewer, who may just vote for him for his looks. I still don't think he'll win, I'm sure even teenage girls can tell that he's not the best singer.

As for Ben, I never really saw the attraction. If he won it, like Zoe, I would be sat in the audience terrified on every note he sang, waiting for him to crack. He couldn't even manage Close Every Door at the end. I did think he had real stage presence on several of his performances though.

I agree that the producers will want to have two strong people in the final and one no hoper so they were guaranteed to end up with someone they liked, and I think that is precisely what has happened! That's why Andrew Lloyd Webber got rid of Daniel, he didn't think he was right for the part and knew it would be harder to get rid of him at a later stage. I'm not complaining anyway, I've wanted Lee to win all along, because I can recognise talent despite what some people think about teenage girls, and if Keith or Lewis win instead I'll still be reasonably happy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users