• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#11 cha003

cha003

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

Well, Hothouse has been done at the South London Theatre as well - just last month!  I'd be interested in seeing another production of it though.  Although if you search for "Hothouse" on the National's website, you get no hits ...

#12 Guest_Paul Latham_*

Guest_Paul Latham_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone know when the next tranche of tickets will be released for National members? Confusingly, you can buy 'Rose Tattoo' tickets into June but all other productions are grayed out.

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

NT

#14 coated peanuts

coated peanuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

Tickets for advanced members became available today for Landscape with Weapons, War Horse, Philistines, A Matter of Life and Death, and Rafta Rafta. I was greedy and got tickets for the lot. Normal booking starts on the  7th of March for those plays.

#15 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(coated peanuts @ Feb 21 2007, 10:12 PM) View Post
Tickets for advanced members became available today for Landscape with Weapons, War Horse, Philistines, A Matter of Life and Death, and Rafta Rafta. I was greedy and got tickets for the lot. Normal booking starts on the  7th of March for those plays.

I only really fancied War Horse and A Matter of life and death. Will see what reviews are like before plumping for the others or not?

#16 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

I've booked for Matter, Philistines and Landscape etc.

Philistines is a must. I won't care if the production is rubbish. I will be a few yards from the divine Ruth Wilson, with whom I'm hopelessly in love. And that's all that matters.

Will book for some of the others when they are released, certainly The Hothouse and a revisit of Chatroom etc.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#17 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

I agree Jacobi "Much Ado" was perfect but the play can be set in so many different periods and played in so many styles (remember the Indian Raj version by John Barton) that it is always worth seeing.

#18 plutoanddragons

plutoanddragons

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

Cottesloe:

Landscape with Weapon - directed by Roger Michell, written by Joe Penhall, cast includes Tom Hollander, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Jason Watkins, Pippa Haywood. From 20 March.

I really want to see this as I am a big fan of Tom Hollander, but I can imagine there won't be any offers on this one and the site rather mysteriously says 'Select your own seats' is not available for this show. What does that mean and why? I'll have to wait till the 7th of March to find out.

#19 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(plutoanddragons @ Feb 22 2007, 05:19 PM) View Post
Cottesloe:

Landscape with Weapon - directed by Roger Michell, written by Joe Penhall, cast includes Tom Hollander, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Jason Watkins, Pippa Haywood. From 20 March.

I really want to see this as I am a big fan of Tom Hollander, but I can imagine there won't be any offers on this one and the site rather mysteriously says 'Select your own seats' is not available for this show. What does that mean and why? I'll have to wait till the 7th of March to find out.

It just means you can't use the NTs new booking system of when you click on the individual seats you want from a plan of the auditorium.
They don't use this new system in the Cottesloe, I suspect because there isn't a fixed seating arrangment in there and so they haven't made the plans to be able to.

He used to call me Blue Roses.

#20 plutoanddragons

plutoanddragons

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(josh @ Feb 22 2007, 06:21 PM) View Post
It just means you can't use the NTs new booking system of when you click on the individual seats you want from a plan of the auditorium.
They don't use this new system in the Cottesloe, I suspect because there isn't a fixed seating arrangment in there and so they haven't made the plans to be able to.

Aah I see, I've only been in there once for The Seafarer and I used the phoneline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users