Any Dream Will Do Voting Problems! Helpline!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tootsie

Tootsie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Lots of great theatre please!!<br />

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

This was posted on a myspace account by someone who is friends with Daniel Boys.

"Hello all,

For those of you that know Daniel Boys, you will probably know by now that on Saturday he was the latest 'Joseph' to leave the BBC1 talent show 'Any Dream Will Do'.

The majority of people were completely shocked by his departure, but what is more shocking is that there was apparently a fault with the voting lines. People could either not get through to give Daniel their vote, or even worse, when phoning to vote for Daniel, they were put through to another 'Joseph's phoneline instead!

If this happened to you, then you must call the BBC on 08700 100222 immediately to register your complaint.

I must emphasise that I am writing this message cmpletely of my own accord and Daniel has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for reading."

If this has happened to you spread the word and make the call!!!!!

#2 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(Tootsie @ May 22 2007, 11:06 AM) View Post
This was posted on a myspace account by someone who is friends with Daniel Boys.

"Hello all,

For those of you that know Daniel Boys, you will probably know by now that on Saturday he was the latest 'Joseph' to leave the BBC1 talent show 'Any Dream Will Do'.

The majority of people were completely shocked by his departure, but what is more shocking is that there was apparently a fault with the voting lines. People could either not get through to give Daniel their vote, or even worse, when phoning to vote for Daniel, they were put through to another 'Joseph's phoneline instead!

If this happened to you, then you must call the BBC on 08700 100222 immediately to register your complaint.

I must emphasise that I am writing this message cmpletely of my own accord and Daniel has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for reading."

Sorry thats pure bitterness, we had problems getting through to Ben as well, lines get busy

#3 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Tootsie @ May 22 2007, 11:06 AM) View Post

"Hello all,

Thanks for reading."

Sorry thats pure bitterness, we had problems getting through to Ben as well, lines get busy

#4 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

Don't know if this is being covered in the other thread, but this sounds like a pretty serious allegation, and if true, surely the BBC would have spotted huge discrepancies, or something funny going on on the night, and could easily have solved the problem. They would stand nothing to gain and a lot to lose if it were non-accidental, and their reputation with regard to phone-ins is already on shaky ground.

Seems to me like a couple of people have dodgy phones or connections, or got the number wrong, and the guy's friends have heard about this and made it into something it isn't (i.e. a conspiracy against their mate).

Lloyd Webber will have chosen who he wants for Joseph weeks ago, and the only place I can see potential for rigging is at the very end when he supposedly doesn't have the power to save anyone. He will obviously be backed up by a team of casting people, and they won't let someone who isn't at least half-reasonable take the role. As far as cynical little me is concerned, you can vote all you want, it won't mean squat in the end.

#5 Princeton

Princeton

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

Daniel has been very dignified since leaving the contest on Saturday - on the Any Dream Podcast, on BBC Breakfast this morning, and in his interview on digital spy.

This so called friend is doing him no favours by behaving like this.  

There may well have been some problems with the phonelines but there were many thousands of people calling in - I expect that the vast majority worked well.  There has been so many criticisms and investigations into TV phone lines that there is no way that large scale faults would go undetected.

As for Daniel I expect that there are people desperate for him to appear in his show - indeed in the digital spy interview he mentions having been offered a west end role already - but he's seeing what else is on the cards.

#6 Hooked.on.Theatre

Hooked.on.Theatre

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE(Princeton @ May 22 2007, 11:36 PM) View Post
Daniel has been very dignified since leaving the contest on Saturday - on the Any Dream Podcast, on BBC Breakfast this morning, and in his interview on digital spy.

This so called friend is doing him no favours by behaving like this.

There may well have been some problems with the phonelines but there were many thousands of people calling in - I expect that the vast majority worked well. There has been so many criticisms and investigations into TV phone lines that there is no way that large scale faults would go undetected.

As for Daniel I expect that there are people desperate for him to appear in his show - indeed in the digital spy interview he mentions having been offered a west end role already - but he's seeing what else is on the cards.

EDITED: MY COMMENTS RELATED TO SEAMAS: THANKS FOR THOSE WHO POINTED OUT I CONFUSED MIXED MY JOSEPHS

lol, Seamus didnt seem very dignified when he left.... I didnt like the arrogance when he swapped the word I have been promised a SHOW of my own for land in the farewell song.

I for one was not sad to see him go, and fully expected it that week.

To me it seemed obvius he had alienated the judges and much of the audience with his arrogance. I personally didnt rate him at all compared to Lee for Joseph.

I think Seamus has a good rock voice, but dont feel he suits Joseph at all. Maybe Jesus Christ Superstar would be a good one for him though?

#7 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(Hooked.on.Theatre @ Jul 6 2007, 05:59 AM) View Post
lol, he didnt seem very dignified when he left.... I didnt like the arrogance when he swapped the word I have been promised a SHOW of my own for land in the farewell song.

To me it seemed obvius he had alienated the judges and much of the audience with his arrogance. I personally didnt rate him at all compared to Lee for Joseph.

I think Daniel has a good rock voice, but dont feel he suits Joseph at all. Maybe Jesus Christ Superstar would be a good one for him though?

Wasn't it Seamus that said 'Show' of my own. Daniel just looked resigned to the machinations of the judges and producers. The fact that Kenwright has just cast 'wooden' Joseph in his tour speaks volumes for the level of talent they were really looking for. I think Lee will be great though, and was good at the concert on Sunday.

#8 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:04 AM

I think you may be confusing your Josephs.

#9 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Hooked.on.Theatre @ Jul 6 2007, 05:59 AM) View Post
lol, he didnt seem very dignified when he left.... I didnt like the arrogance when he swapped the word I have been promised a SHOW of my own for land in the farewell song.

I think Daniel has a good rock voice, but dont feel he suits Joseph at all. Maybe Jesus Christ Superstar would be a good one for him though?

You're definately confusing your Josephs.  It was Seamus who swapped around the words.

As Dan said, Daniel left looking resigned to the machinations of the judges and producers and gave a teriffic final performance.

I won't be called a baggage!

#10 jcajsjc

jcajsjc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Infact he gave THE Close Every Door performance that blew the others out of the water.... easily!

his Bring Him Home was immense!

That person def has his Joseph's confused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users