14 replies to this topic

#11 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

Thank you Moose, glad it's not just me. I read somewhere that the ending has been changed in this adaptation, that is without wanting to give anything way for anyone who hasn't seen it what the father does is an addition. So not sure how it would normally end, whether the exists would be the same just for different or more general reasons. Sorry, that's a bit vague if you haven't seen it.

#12 plutoanddragons

plutoanddragons

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how early I would have to queue to get 1 or 2 Day seats for this, if the NT have day seats for Saturday Matinee or evening performances, and how much they cost?

I meant to see this ages ago, but kept forgetting.

Thanks in advance for any info.

#13 Amo

Amo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(josh @ Jun 12 2007, 04:53 PM) View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought he meant by 'dismount' as well. I didn't notice it at all so I guess she has made it less obvious since you saw it Amo!

It would be hard not to have got smoother - i saw the first preview! Also, it wasn't really a complaint - loved the whole thing, and that was genuinely the only negative point i could think of. PS - i am not a "he"!! smile.gif

#14 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:12 AM

It was great, and is practically sold out, so there IS an audience for this type of play.

#15 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

And for Hamlet and quite a few other plays we could mention.

Poor old Peggs, but I know what you mean. I have friends who only like something funny. But thankfully I have friends who love a good old chew through life's darker times. I enjoyed Philistines very much, the performances were very good, the set interesting and engaging to have in front of you - the Lyttleton is going for these stretched out jobs these days now. It isn't Chekhov but worth an outing. Rory Kinnear the one to watch ..again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users