509 replies to this topic

#1 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

The judges have been announced for the Tv casting show 'Over the rainbow.

Judges-
Shelia Hancock
Charlotte Chruch
John Partiridge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8522485.stm

#2 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ Feb 18 2010, 06:50 PM) View Post
The judges have been announced for the Tv casting show 'Over the rainbow.

Judges-
Shelia Hancock
Charlotte Chruch
John Partiridge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8522485.stm

If anyone can be more camp, attention seeking and annoying as John Barrowman its John Partridge.  Think ill skip this series.

Dont even get me started on Charlotte Church

#3 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

At least John has some musical theatre experience though.

However the only one I'm slightly excited about is Sheila Hancock.

#4 Guest_Guest_Owen_*_*

Guest_Guest_Owen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

This whole project including the line up of judges really fails to conjure up any excitement. Great though for Charlotte Church who has now found work after C4 dropped her series and what a coup for the BBC - I don't think!

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

Charlotte Church???????????/ WTF?

He could have gone for someone like Sally-Ann, Ruthie Henshall, Sally Dexter or Joanna Riding or others BUT HER???

Grrrrrrrrrr crap crap crap...I won't be watching....Over the Rainbow can burn in hell for all I care...

Surprised he didn't ask Jodie Prenger back on the panel

#6 Guest_Guest_stephen_*_*

Guest_Guest_stephen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 18 2010, 09:11 PM) View Post
Charlotte Church???????????/ WTF?

He could have gone for someone like Sally-Ann, Ruthie Henshall, Sally Dexter or Joanna Riding or others BUT HER???

Grrrrrrrrrr crap crap crap...I won't be watching....Over the Rainbow can burn in hell for all I care...

Surprised he didn't ask Jodie Prenger back on the panel

Don't see the problem here, Charlotte Church has sold millions of albums based on her vocal talent, a damn sight more than Denise Van Outen ever did. Sheila Hancock's West End theatre work totally eclipses that of Barrowman and Van Outen put together and John Partridge's musical theatre experience is admirable. The bottom line is, we are all going to watch the show, despite our difference of opinion on the judges or the show subject. A change is great, can't wait! (If you really don't want to watch it, there's always Ant & Dec's new game show on the other side.........)

#7 Guest_Guest_Sarah_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sarah_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

Very disappointed that Liza Minnelli is not on the panel.  I know it was only a rumour but it would have been nice.  

I personally can't stand John Partridge.  i didn't know him until i saw cats a few years ago.  Went to stage door after the show to wait for a friend who worked in the theatre and he happened to be leaving the theatre.  A few people were waiting for cast members to sign their programmes, he was really horrible and obnoxious, he even swore to a couple of people.

It's fine not to sign programs or autographs, but he's behaviour was just uncalled for, I don't see the need to be rude to people just for asking you to sign a programme.

#8 Guest_garlands_*

Guest_garlands_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(Guest_stephen_* @ Feb 18 2010, 11:34 PM) View Post
Don't see the problem here, Charlotte Church has sold millions of albums based on her vocal talent, a damn sight more than Denise Van Outen ever did. Sheila Hancock's West End theatre work totally eclipses that of Barrowman and Van Outen put together and John Partridge's musical theatre experience is admirable. The bottom line is, we are all going to watch the show, despite our difference of opinion on the judges or the show subject. A change is great, can't wait! (If you really don't want to watch it, there's always Ant & Dec's new game show on the other side.........)

I agree with you. The new panel have the credentials for the job. Sheila Hancock has years of MT experience and so has John Partridge. Charlotte Church has made very popular CDs and has performed all over the world. I think they have also got her because she's quite sassy and might attract a younger audience.

Though Van Outen is going on about being dropped because she is pregnant but they have a whole new panel. So what is she on about? Perhaps she should remember that the times she has been on the these programmes she had a friend of hers on the last one and the time before she went off with the winner and he was with someone else. Now she knows what it is like to be dumped.

Now she has got ALW's new show bad publicity will he still be one of her mates? I note that JB isn't moaning neither did be make a play for any of the pepole on the shows or get his mates on any of them. She is very me, me and unprofessional.

#9 Azincat

Azincat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(garlands @ Feb 19 2010, 12:11 AM) View Post
I note that JB isn't moaning

Presumably John Barrowman isn't moaning because he was asked to join the panel - he mentioned this in an interview some time ago.  He isn't in the show because he has other commitments and will be filming Desperate Housewives in the US!  John Partridge is clearly the BBC's JB-type replacement.

Sheila Hancock should be interesting but I'm not sure about Charlotte Church.  Surely she has no experience in musical theatre at all?

#10 Guest_Guest_stephen_*_*

Guest_Guest_stephen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Azincat @ Feb 19 2010, 03:39 AM) View Post
Presumably John Barrowman isn't moaning because he was asked to join the panel - he mentioned this in an interview some time ago.  He isn't in the show because he has other commitments and will be filming Desperate Housewives in the US!  John Partridge is clearly the BBC's JB-type replacement.

Sheila Hancock should be interesting but I'm not sure about Charlotte Church.  Surely she has no experience in musical theatre at all?

No, but they are looking for someone with vocal ability, and Charlotte Church is a singer having sold millions of albums, do you get the connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users