#11 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(garlands @ Feb 19 2010, 12:11 AM) View Post
Though Van Outen is going on about being dropped because she is pregnant but they have a whole new panel. So what is she on about? Perhaps she should remember that the times she has been on the these programmes she had a friend of hers on the last one and the time before she went off with the winner and he was with someone else. Now she knows what it is like to be dumped.

You're not taking the Daily Mail at their word, are you?
As far as I know they are the only ones saying that she (and JB) were 'axed', and they are clearly wrong about JB - in fact, they were the first to report his stint on Desperate Housewives in March/April, so that reads as deliberately misleading to me.

I doubt very much that Denise - who is a sensible woman - wanted to have work commitments right up to her due date, which is what being on the show would have meant. This is just the Daily Fail looking for a way to bash the BBC again.

#12 Guest_garlands_*

Guest_garlands_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(Kathryn2 @ Feb 19 2010, 09:46 AM) View Post
You're not taking the Daily Mail at their word, are you?
As far as I know they are the only ones saying that she (and JB) were 'axed', and they are clearly wrong about JB - in fact, they were the first to report his stint on Desperate Housewives in March/April, so that reads as deliberately misleading to me.

I doubt very much that Denise - who is a sensible woman - wanted to have work commitments right up to her due date, which is what being on the show would have meant. This is just the Daily Fail looking for a way to bash the BBC again.

So why is she not denying it then? If it was not true she would have denied it. By not saying anything there is always the implication that it could be true. The Guardian also picked up this story. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/feb/1...n-bbc-pregnancy

Lloyd Webber said: "Each member of the panel brings something new and exciting which will take Over the Rainbow even further than the previous shows. We have a fantastic wealth of talent within our judges, and I know they're going to be bringing some incredibly valuable expertise and opinions in our search for Dorothy."

It sounds like The Lord just really wanted a new team of judges and is happy with the new line-up. He has given her job opportunities in the past and I thought he was a friend of hers. I can't see why DVO is kicking off and stabbing him in the back by trying to blame her job loss on her pregnancy.

#13 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(garlands @ Feb 19 2010, 12:11 AM) View Post
I agree with you. The new panel have the credentials for the job. Sheila Hancock has years of MT experience and so has John Partridge. Charlotte Church has made very popular CDs and has performed all over the world. I think they have also got her because she's quite sassy and might attract a younger audience.

Though Van Outen is going on about being dropped because she is pregnant but they have a whole new panel. So what is she on about? Perhaps she should remember that the times she has been on the these programmes she had a friend of hers on the last one and the time before she went off with the winner and he was with someone else. Now she knows what it is like to be dumped.

Now she has got ALW's new show bad publicity will he still be one of her mates? I note that JB isn't moaning neither did be make a play for any of the pepole on the shows or get his mates on any of them. She is very me, me and unprofessional.

Just to clarify something, as there seems to be a lot of confusion about the issue of Denise being 'dumped' from the panel for being pregnant.  That's not what she was complaining about!  Her issue was not being 'dumped' from the panel (had that been the case, there wouldn't have been an issue), it was having a BBC Bod telling her that her pregnancy was a problem!  

To also clarify, Lee Mead was single when he started his relationship with Denise (who was also single).  Unfortunately, some people don't want to let the facts get in the way of a good story.

#14 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(garlands @ Feb 19 2010, 12:47 PM) View Post
So why is she not denying it then? If it was not true she would have denied it. By not saying anything there is always the implication that it could be true. The Guardian also picked up this story. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/feb/1...n-bbc-pregnancy

It sounds like The Lord just really wanted a new team of judges and is happy with the new line-up. He has given her job opportunities in the past and I thought he was a friend of hers. I can't see why DVO is kicking off and stabbing him in the back by trying to blame her job loss on her pregnancy.

She's not stabbing him in the back.  As far as I'm aware, he has nothing to do with choosing the judging panel, so Denise's issue is with the programme makers, not him.  Also, she's claiming that someone actually told her that her pregnancy was an issue.  If someone did say that (and I can't imagine that Denise would have any reason to lie), then it's not surprising that she was upset by it!

#15 Azincat

Azincat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(Guest_stephen_* @ Feb 19 2010, 08:57 AM) View Post
No, but they are looking for someone with vocal ability, and Charlotte Church is a singer having sold millions of albums, do you get the connection?

Yes, I get the connection thanks.  I just happen to think that there are many other talented singers who actually have some experience in musical theatre and who could have more to offer this type of show.  'Over the Rainbow' will be about casting a role, not just finding a good singer.

#16 Guest_Guest_stephen_*_*

Guest_Guest_stephen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Azincat @ Feb 19 2010, 01:38 PM) View Post
Yes, I get the connection thanks.  I just happen to think that there are many other talented singers who actually have some experience in musical theatre and who could have more to offer this type of show.  'Over the Rainbow' will be about casting a role, not just finding a good singer.

Which is probably why Sheila Hancock, with her vast acting experience on stage, TV and in films, has also been signed up as a judge. John Partridge's musical CV looks quite impressive too.

#17 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

I am merely throwing a point in here and not disagreeing with previous points, but it has been some time since church has sung or made an album, and most people especially younger generations know her more for her tv chat show than singing.

#18 Guest_Loverboy_*

Guest_Loverboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

I think this line up is a good one. John has a vast musical theatre cv, and now considerable television expierance, he is currently central in a very big storyline with eastenders, with his new years episodes bringing in the higest ratings for the channel that year! I am sure that the producers are hoping some of those viewers follow him. Shelia has a vast and diverse career to bring to the table and Charlotte will be of the same age as the contestants, and will be someone who they can identify with. All three judges have appeal with the audience demagrafic. This is a television program after all. I think they are excellent choices

#19 Guest_Galindaandglitter_*

Guest_Galindaandglitter_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

man im guna miss john barrowman on it
i love him lots
where is the eye candy guna be in this show though ... andrew!!!!
i can understand john and sheila just fink charlotte church is a very random choice
she hasnt realised a song in what 5 years plus
and hasnt really done anyfin at all in recent years
and hasnt any experience in theatre hmmm hav to wait and c on that one
x

#20 Guest_garlands_*

Guest_garlands_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(johartuk @ Feb 19 2010, 12:59 PM) View Post
She's not stabbing him in the back.  As far as I'm aware, he has nothing to do with choosing the judging panel, so Denise's issue is with the programme makers, not him.  Also, she's claiming that someone actually told her that her pregnancy was an issue.  If someone did say that (and I can't imagine that Denise would have any reason to lie), then it's not surprising that she was upset by it!

It's ALW's project. He says he's pleased with the new panel. So he's clearly not bothered that Denise and the others aren't judges any more. He saw that it was time to move on and refresh the brand. Denise just likes getting her mug in the papers no matter what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users