Over The Rainbow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(Allie @ Feb 20 2010, 04:23 AM) View Post
A very good point. Jodie and Kerry are both 30, and I would never imagine a Dorothy being as old as that. Nancy it was sort of expected, which was why in my opinion, the younger girls didn't really stand a chance. But Dorothy is a perfect opportunity for a younger girl to break through. Especially with the rising cost and competitive-ness for drama schools.

I think Charlotte is an excellent choice, she's the right age to connect with the girls and she certainly has the vocal ability to back up her points which is more than Van Outen had.

You are right. CC will be able to connect far better to the girls than Van Outen. She is too much a jack of all trades and crap at them as the other person said. It is hard to see where her career can go from here.

#32 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(johartuk @ Feb 19 2010, 12:48 PM) View Post
Just to clarify something, as there seems to be a lot of confusion about the issue of Denise being 'dumped' from the panel for being pregnant.  That's not what she was complaining about!  Her issue was not being 'dumped' from the panel (had that been the case, there wouldn't have been an issue), it was having a BBC Bod telling her that her pregnancy was a problem!  

To also clarify, Lee Mead was single when he started his relationship with Denise (who was also single).  Unfortunately, some people don't want to let the facts get in the way of a good story.

So she wasn't complaining about being ''dumped' from the panel for being pregnant.'

She was saying that 'it was having a BBC Bod telling her that her pregnancy was a problem!'  I don't understand you. The BBC Bod must surely have meant her pregnancy was a problem with her appearing on the show. She isn't appearing --- therefore she was dumped for being pregnant. Is that what you mean!!!  

You can try put your own spin on the facts but the fact is:

She angrily slammed the BBC who she believed had dropped her from a judging job for being pregnant. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...hion-event.html

Don't bother disputing this. It was in a newspaper and it's surely where you read about this issue and that's what it says.

#33 Guest_GuestR_*

Guest_GuestR_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? No.

I'd rather concentrate on people that are part of the show then those that aren't.

Good Luck to all the new panel smile.gif

#34 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(GuestR @ Feb 20 2010, 01:16 PM) View Post

I'd rather concentrate on people that are part of the show then those that aren't.

Me too. I wish DVO would stop whinging and then we can just enjoy the show without her continual carping.

#35 Guest_GuestR_*

Guest_GuestR_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

Continual carping... right   blink.gif Whinging?   dry.gif

Methinks she's not the one guilty for 'continual carping'

#36 Azincat

Azincat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(GuestR @ Feb 20 2010, 01:16 PM) View Post

For me, JB and DVO will be missed but it will be interesting to see what the new panel has to offer.  

I do wonder, however, if Over the Rainbow will prove one TV casting show so far?  I think the previous shows did help to raise the profile of West End musicals to the general public and offered up and coming performers a chance to showcase their abilities but, if over-used, there is a danger that the public will tire of this type of show.  Viewing figures for IDA were lower than for ADWD - will the downward trend continue for Over the Rainbow or is casting a Dorothy and Toto(!) for the Wizard of Oz likely to re-ignite public interest?  Time will tell!

#37 Guest_Guest_PGTips_*_*

Guest_Guest_PGTips_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Azincat @ Feb 20 2010, 03:13 PM) View Post
For me, JB and DVO will be missed but it will be interesting to see what the new panel has to offer.  

I do wonder, however, if Over the Rainbow will prove one TV casting show so far?  I think the previous shows did help to raise the profile of West End musicals to the general public and offered up and coming performers a chance to showcase their abilities but, if over-used, there is a danger that the public will tire of this type of show.  Viewing figures for IDA were lower than for ADWD - will the downward trend continue for Over the Rainbow or is casting a Dorothy and Toto(!) for the Wizard of Oz likely to re-ignite public interest?  Time will tell!

I have never heard of John Partridge. Who is he? Is he related to Alan?

#38 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(GuestR @ Feb 20 2010, 03:04 PM) View Post
Continual carping... right   blink.gif Whinging?   dry.gif

Methinks she's not the one guilty for 'continual carping'

So why is she always in the papers going on about some tedious aspect of her life? Does she think anyone actually cares that she is pregnant or what sex her baby is or that she has been dropped from a TV programme? Tell me what is so important about her? Is she trying to compete with other media mad women like Katie Price? Her career seems to be the same now. Some women really are 'media whores' and it's not just me who thinks so........

Does she care about the baby's well being? Or is the poor thing just a pawn in her egoistic obsession with fame?

She does look lovely on the catwalk pics but on the ones with Amanda Holden and Natasha Kaplinsky she looks as rough as a bear's bum.

Poor Andrew Lloyd Webber. He resurrected her non-career by giving her a West End show and a judge job on his telly programme. Now she is ruining his new show. How ungrateful.

this is of interest to who?

stop giving these talentless nobodies the publicity they crave.

Lee mead's fanatics are out in force. Denise will be pleased, she can now bask in her husband's reflected glory! I rubbed my hands together in glee when I saw this story, serves her right for flirting with contestants with girlfriends, especially the one who was the clear winner from the start. That leaves a bad taste and it's now come back to bite. It was time to wipe the slate clean on those shows.

As established yesterday you cant be sacked from a kob you were never given.
Is Barry Humphrys and John barrowman pregnant too. Stop with all this beeb bashing
How can you be axed from a job you were never given Check the facts!!
She's always full of herself and full of self importance. I thought she always looked uncomfortable on the show for Oliver. Loads of people felt her dating the winner of Joseph was more than a bit strange! Did she not think the bbc could find a better female singer to mentor the contestants? That's a bit conceited!

Seriously, it's not discrimination, it's not prejudice, it's just common sense and timing...unless Denise does the show then whinges that she missed out on her baby's early moments due to filming commitments?

Some people are just never pleased! Grow up Denise, you're supposed to be a mother in a few months!!!

I think Ms. Van Outen is using her pregnancy as an excuse as to the reason why she wasn't asked to return.

The rest of the panel aren't returning, what's the big deal?

As Lee Mead or "husband of Denise" as he's now known in the press, says in his latest interview which is mainly about his work, "every job could be your last. Focus on it, enjoy it and don't think too far beyond..." Wise words. Perhaps Denise should have that kind of work ethic? No job is given to you on a plate no matter how important you think you are or how necessary you believe yourself to be to the overall appeal of a show, not even if you are Denise Van Outen! Surely her baby is the real priority anyway.
Can we please have real news and not info about lowly rated so-called celebrities with pregnancies. Our UK population is already far too high as it is.
We have enough real heroes to think about.

Oh shut up Denise!, you'll get another chance after the birth when one talks about the post natal depression that they all seem to suffer (but always recover when Hello want's some pics

I forgot that Denise is the FIRST women to ever have a baby and therefore deserves this much coverage as a result.

Its an absolute pain in the hoop, that Denise, Tess, Myleene, Jules etc. are so smug and twee in their pregnancies - women have been childbearing for centuries without so much as a murmer. And the holding the bump thing, whats that about? If I read one more thing about 'such a special time, bonding, pregnancy yoga' I will scream.

Women the world over are having children in mud huts, forests, rivers without so much as a painkiller and I would be a hell of a lot more inclined to listen to their infinately more interesting stories than this drivel....

It's not true that DVO got dropped because of pregnancy. She was lucky to get the gig in the first place.

It has more to do with the fact that she ended up marrying the winner of the previous show over which she helped preside. That dents credibility.

The fashion show was for the benefit of raising awareness and funds for Haiti
It was not for yet another opportunistic piece of press coverage for Denise Van Outen. She probably did see personal benefits in paticipataing, being photographed and allowed to make comment on a perfectly legitimate decision by the BBC to have a turnover of panel members for this new show. None of the past panel members are back. I can't understand why she just thought it would be a certainty that she could could work right up until the baby arrives either, most women are expected to leave work early to take maternity leave at the very least and she can well afford to unlike some other people with more urgent jobs than being photographed or passing comment on wannabe musical theatre stars! Babies also arrive when they want so she can't control that as well as her showbiz PR... unless she knows exactly the planned date of the arrival which will probably be around the same time as the tummy tuck!

I have zero sympathy for Denise Van Outen.
She started her career acting out the role of geezer bird, swearing, wittering inanely on TV about sex and sex toys and generally dragging women down into the gutter, along with Sara Cox, Zoe Ball and that other one whose name I can't remember.

She was one of the original flag flyers for for ladette behaviour, spawning a generation of women who think it's cool to get drunk, swear, throw up and sleep around. It's all very empowering apparently.

She's lucky as by some miracle she has managed to reinvent herself into this wholesome family-time TV presenter and now mother-to-be, and if she's feeling hard done-by as a pregnant woman and an employee, she's only got herself and her silly cohorts to blame.

Denise - STOP using the baby as a way to get into the press! Your "hubby" is quietly working away behind the scenes and being written about for his rave reviews on his play! John Barrowman isn't complaining. Zoe Tyler didn't moan when she wasn't called upon for the Nancy show. You are just pregnant like countless other women on the planet at this time. We know you have a "baby bump", we know you are expecting a girl and now thanks to all of this "negative" (all publicity is good publicity, heh?) press about you being axed from panel or rather the entire panel being replaced with fresh new people, we are now even more aware of your impending launch of maternity wear. The last three months of pregnancy are very unpredictable. So she feels "fine" now. The baby grows most and saps most of a woman's energy during the last trimester. She should really get into the real world and stop making column inches out of nothing. Sport Relief not the cause to use as a soapbox for gripes.

While she looks lovely in the photos.  Yes another celeb is pregant. and..............
its just not that interesting.
Why is she making such a fuss about not being on Over the rainbow, none of the original stars will be on it including John Barrowman but they are not saying anything, why is'nt she happy that she pregnant and enjoy it.

I would'nt worry about Miss Van Outen because I'm sure like other `celebrities' she will make a career out of having a child. We will be subjected to pages of drivel and pictures with a blow by blow account of the birth, the angelic child and no doubt perhaps a post partum depression or other such anxiety. Boring, boring, boring........
wow! Denise is pregnant !! the only woman in the world to experience it ever zzzzzzzzz !!

Many people see what this is really about. She should let it rest and let those of us who are looking forward to the new Over The Rainbow show enjoy it. The new judges will be fantastic. Sheila Hancock has the experience. She is also a very bright and articulate woman. John Partridge is an amazing performer and has been very good in EE. Charlotte Church has years of singing experience relative to her young age. You can see that they brought in these new people not just for their experience but the audience they are likely to attract.

#39 Guest_GuestR_*

Guest_GuestR_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if you were posting many of the hateful messages  blink.gif

Get over it and concentrate on the show, not Denise. This is utterly pathetic.

#40 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

I agree that Denise is probably using her pregnancy as an excuse for the powers that be getting rid of her because of her lack of talent, lack of professionalism and inability to be completely unbiased.  I felt quite uncomfortable watching her and John Barrowman quite obviously and openly showing favouritism and being down right nasty to some of the Nancy contestants.  I think Charlotte, John Partridge and Sheila Hancock are fantastic choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users