Over The Rainbow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ Feb 20 2010, 07:56 PM) View Post
I agree that Denise is probably using her pregnancy as an excuse for the powers that be getting rid of her because of her lack of talent, lack of professionalism and inability to be completely unbiased.  I felt quite uncomfortable watching her and John Barrowman quite obviously and openly showing favouritism and being down right nasty to some of the Nancy contestants.  I think Charlotte, John Partridge and Sheila Hancock are fantastic choices.

Generally speaking I quite like John Barrowman but he got on my nerves because he did too much shouting. Good luck to him on Desperate Housewives though. I can't see what Denise VO added at all. I do really agree with allthatjazz that she has no talent, etc. Maybe she gave the other shows she was on a bad reputation when she was carrying on with a contestant. Perhaps this is the reason for fresh blood so to speak. I wonder if she will carry on in showbiz after this latest scandal or stay at home to be a full time mummy to her baby.

#42 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Feb 20 2010, 08:44 PM) View Post
Generally speaking I quite like John Barrowman but he got on my nerves because he did too much shouting. Good luck to him on Desperate Housewives though. I can't see what Denise VO added at all. I do really agree with allthatjazz that she has no talent, etc. Maybe she gave the other shows she was on a bad reputation when she was carrying on with a contestant. Perhaps this is the reason for fresh blood so to speak. I wonder if she will carry on in showbiz after this latest scandal or stay at home to be a full time mummy to her baby.

I also agree with althatjazz, I am very pleased John Barrowman is not returning.

#43 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(GuestR @ Feb 20 2010, 05:12 PM) View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if you were posting many of the hateful messages  blink.gif

Get over it and concentrate on the show, not Denise. This is utterly pathetic.

That is sooooo nasty. It couldn't be 1 person. It would be impossible for one person to register that many times and post so much. It is also a bit arrogant of you to think that. There are quite obviously many people who are not that keen on Denise and feel free to make their comments. Denise is obviously not that popular with the general public and they can see through her trying to be manipulative. The postings don't make everyone who posted hateful as you said. If you are a Denise fan and you probablty are by your response then you should try to avoid reading things you don't like or it will upset you. If you use forums then you should be prepared for others to disagree with you but please don't say everyone is hateful when they are just expressing their own opinions. They have the right to do it. The paper would remove any unsuitable posts

#44 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

I think this is getting out of hand, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there seems as if someone posting on here in the guise of various guests has a thing against DVO. Be advised that posts 12,20,22,25,28,31,32,34,38 and 41 all came from the same poster. Please keep in mind that you're not as anonymous as you might think.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#45 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

And post 43 as well.

#46 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Feb 20 2010, 08:58 PM) View Post
I think this is getting out of hand, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there seems as if someone posting on here in the guise of various guests has a thing against DVO. Be advised that posts 12,20,22,25,28,31,32,34,38 and 41 all came from the same poster. Please keep in mind that you're not as anonymous as you might think.

So what? Posters don't like someone they can post. You can do that on a forum. They can post as any name they like under your guest scheme. If you don't like the posts remove them. But then YOU'D be biased and have a thing against someone wouldn't you? But then I suspect you are being bullied by some mad fans..........

Best regards.

#47 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

Well, hello there poster, and it would have been nice if you had mentioned that you're the same poster that posted all those other posts, but that's OK. Yes, we allow guest posters, but in cases like this, where a single person posts under several different guest identities in order to make it seem as if there are a number of people sharing their opinion, we do feel obliged to make other board users aware of the fact that there's a single person behind it.

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's not been any "mad fans" that have led to me to notice this - and I don't have a bias as far as this is concerned - I've never seen or heard DVO in anything she's been in, but you'd not believe that would you? It's so much easier to complain about being unfairly treated, isn't it? I think that the fact that I haven't (and won't) delete any of your posts speaks for itself.

I do however feel obliged to make the people that read this board aware of the fact that there seems to be a single individual out there that has a grudge against this woman, who disingenuously pretends to be several different posters in order to make people belive that others share the same view. You're quite entitled to whatever you think about this performer, but please don't pretend that you weren't trying to mislead others into thinking that there were other people agreeing with you, when in fact you posted all those posts yourself.

#48 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Feb 20 2010, 10:09 PM) View Post
Well, hello there poster, and it would have been nice if you had mentioned that you're the same poster that posted all those other posts, but that's OK. Yes, we allow guest posters, but in cases like this, where a single person posts under several different guest identities in order to make it seem as if there are a number of people sharing their opinion, we do feel obliged to make other board users aware of the fact that there's a single person behind it.

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's not been any "mad fans" that have led to me to notice this - and I don't have a bias as far as this is concerned - I've never seen or heard DVO in anything she's been in, but you'd not believe that would you? It's so much easier to complain about being unfairly treated, isn't it? I think that the fact that I haven't (and won't) delete any of your posts speaks for itself.

I do however feel obliged to make the people that read this board aware of the fact that there seems to be a single individual out there that has a grudge against this woman, who disingenuously pretends to be several different posters in order to make people belive that others share the same view. You're quite entitled to whatever you think about this performer, but please don't pretend that you weren't trying to mislead others into thinking that there were other people agreeing with you, when in fact you posted all those posts yourself.

Well said Jenny.  Now lets either leave this subject here or return to the world of the rational and open minded grown ups!  Incidentally, it is quite right that if someone doesn't particularly like a performer they are quite within their rights to express that (although we should be careful to express an opinion on their public persona only) but it is also quite nice to express an opinion if you DO like a performer!

#49 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Feb 20 2010, 10:09 PM) View Post

Did I? Do please be careful what you accuse others of what YOU THINK they trying to do.  That isn't your role. Is it?

#50 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ Feb 20 2010, 10:59 PM) View Post
Well said Jenny.  Now lets either leave this subject here or return to the world of the rational and open minded grown ups!  Incidentally, it is quite right that if someone doesn't particularly like a performer they are quite within their rights to express that (although we should be careful to express an opinion on their public persona only) but it is also quite nice to express an opinion if you DO like a performer!

I agree. smile.gif I much prefer to talk about people I do like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users