#51 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

Didn't you? Please explain to me how I'm wrong about this, and if you can explain it in such a manner that it makes sense to me I'll happily apologize for misunderstanding you. So how did your posting under several different guest user identities not constitute a case of trying to mislead people into thinking that you were several different people?

I don't "think" that people are doing things, I just look at the facts, and the fact is that all those posts came from you, didn't they? And yes, that is "my role" as a moderator on here, to let people know when they are being deceived. Do you disagree about this being what a moderator should do?
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#52 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Feb 20 2010, 11:13 PM) View Post
Didn't you? Please explain to me how I'm wrong about this, and if you can explain it in such a manner that it makes sense to me I'll happily apologize for misunderstanding you. So how did your posting under several different guest user identities not constitute a case of trying to mislead people into thinking that you were several different people?

I don't "think" that people are doing things, I just look at the facts, and the fact is that all those posts came from you, didn't they? And yes, that is "my role" as a moderator on here, to let people know when they are being deceived. Do you disagree about this being what a moderator should do?

Jenny - With respect as a guest you can use any name you like. I do disagree with moderators jumping to conclusions. I use any name when I post and have done for ages to post on many topics. Check it out. On that evidence  you have construed/interpreted this as deception.

So
Please explain to me how I'm wrong about this, and if you can explain it in such a manner that it makes sense to me I'll happily apologize for misunderstanding you.
Happy apology then?

I do disagree with moderators jumping to conclusions.

I don't see jumping to conclusion in the forum rules. I see rule 6 allows for ambiguity. So does that mean you can decide anything.........? ohmy.gif

Terms & Conditions

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

(1) The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email.

(2) You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate or offensive to others or is otherwise violative of any law.

(3) You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

(4) You are permitted to advertise jobs and tickets for exchange in the appropriate sections and you are very welcome to post diary dates in the calendar. Posting material considered to be advertising in any other section of the site will be removed or moved.

(5) You must be at least 16 years of age to create an account and post messages on the board. This is for reasons of child protection.

(6) The Message Board is moderated by a team of volunteers. Their decision on the rules, and any misconduct not specifically mentioned therein, is final.

#53 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE(guest @ Feb 21 2010, 01:29 AM) View Post
Jenny - With respect as a guest you can use any name you like. I do disagree with moderators jumping to conclusions. I use any name when I post and have done for ages to post on many topics. Check it out. On that evidence  you have construed/interpreted this as deception.

So  Happy apology then?

I don't see jumping to conclusion in the forum rules. I see rule 6 allows for ambiguity. So does that mean you can decide anything.........? ohmy.gif

Terms & Conditions
(6) The Message Board is moderated by a team of volunteers. Their decision on the rules, and any misconduct not specifically mentioned therein, is final.

If indeed it does, take note.

Anyhow - back to the subject in hand rather than let this evolve into another "why do we have Guests here?" debate, does anyone know of a TV start date for OTR?

I was talking to Chris Barton (ADWD, now Hairspray) tonight who says there is a "what they did next" kind of programme which is being broadcasted on BBC at the end of March, would that make sense as a probable start date? It'd be a couple of weeks after the Eurovision selection, and ties in with what the timings of 2008's Oliver search was.

#54 Guest_24601_*

Guest_24601_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(DanielWhit @ Feb 21 2010, 02:36 AM) View Post
If indeed it does, take note.

Anyhow - back to the subject in hand rather than let this evolve into another "why do we have Guests here?" debate, does anyone know of a TV start date for OTR?

I was talking to Chris Barton (ADWD, now Hairspray) tonight who says there is a "what they did next" kind of programme which is being broadcasted on BBC at the end of March, would that make sense as a probable start date? It'd be a couple of weeks after the Eurovision selection, and ties in with what the timings of 2008's Oliver search was.

If? Nice get out!!! No happy apology then?

Good piece of news from Chris Barton. I'm looking forward to seeing that programme. I take it the BBC haven't announced anything about OTR yet.

I'm so glad they are having new judges. The old format/judges had become tired. This change just might brighten up the show for me. I see you apply for tickets here:
http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore...d=145&bid=4

Looking at the press page for OLR http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...8/rainbow.shtml I see that the show line-up was only announced last week........

#55 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(24601 @ Feb 21 2010, 03:00 PM) View Post
If? Nice get out!!! No happy apology then?

Good piece of news from Chris Barton. I'm looking forward to seeing that programme. I take it the BBC haven't announced anything about OTR yet.

I'm so glad they are having new judges. The old format/judges had become tired. This change just might brighten up the show for me. I see you apply for tickets here:
http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore...d=145&bid=4

Looking at the press page for OLR http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...8/rainbow.shtml I see that the show line-up was only announced last week........

I thought the 'regulars' on the panel (John Barrowman, Denise VO) were fine. The only thing I thought the panel needed was the reintroduction of a vocal coach. Which, ironically, the BBC have seen fit to ignore in their 'revamp' of the panel. The only reason there were problems with IDA was because of the lack of a vocal coach (who was replaced by Barry Humphries, of all people blink.gif )! Zoe Tyler may have been gobby but she knew her stuff - and she judged the contestants on the vocal side of their performances.

If Zoe is no longer an option, there are plenty of other vocal coaches out there who could do the job. Zoe proved that you don't need to be a famous name to be a competent panellist - I'd never heard of her prior to HDYSAPLM, but as soon as she started judging, that ceased to matter.

With John and Denise, the opposite was true - I'd heard of them prior to HDYSAPLM/ADWD, so was slightly cynical about them, but both proved to be surprisingly good at the job. So, again, my mind was changed by actually seeing them doing the job!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new 'What They Did Next...' documentary on the Marias/Josephs/Nancys - that should be interesting viewing.

I'd like to see another When Maria Met Joseph Christmas special (with added Nancys and Dorothys, obviously).

#56 Guest_Guest-Jamie_*

Guest_Guest-Jamie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Is there going to be a what they did next with the Nancy;s?

#57 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

As far as I'm aware Guest-Jamie, contestants from all three shows have been contacted, so hopefully yes smile.gif

#58 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Feb 21 2010, 01:29 AM) View Post

So  Happy apology then?

I know that we're trying to leave this subject behind and get back on topic, but it's honestly the funniest thing I've read all day.

'Guest', honey, the board mods here can track the IP address of each post. They can see when several different usernames all come from the same address. They don't need to make assumptions, they know.

And all the regulars here know it too. That's why guests are the only ones that try it.

To get back to the Over the Rainbow judging panel, I'll be interested to see how they react and interact. The thing I liked about John and Denise was that they both had very strong opinions and argued, at times, but were willing to concede when someone else was right and they were wrong. I also liked how John was willing to take contestants aside and work with them when he thought they had a particular weakness - if the results we saw were anything to go by he's a pretty good teacher.

#59 Guest_24601_*

Guest_24601_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Kathryn2 @ Feb 21 2010, 06:09 PM) View Post
'Guest', honey, the board mods here can track the IP address of each post. They can see when several different usernames all come from the same address. They don't need to make assumptions, they know.

Hey Kathryn - I know that!!! Think you got wrong end of stick here - so to speak. Assumptions - referred to motive. Mods are not divine beings. They don't have mystical powers to determine motive. They can only guess. Not a good move IMHO. So should keep what can only be their OPINION to themselves in future methinks!!!! tongue.gif  rolleyes.gif

It was a Wicked dispute though!!!! tongue.gif

#60 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(24601 @ Feb 21 2010, 08:56 PM) View Post
Assumptions - referred to motive. Mods are not divine beings. They don't have mystical powers to determine motive. They can only guess.

What other reason is there for sock-puppetry, than to make it look like lots of people are agreeing with you?

If you actually want to have real conversations on here now, with actual people and not figments of your imagination, I suggest to register a username and log-in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users