#501 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 23 2010, 10:36 AM) View Post
The entire programme was engineered to make sure that Danielle won, and she did. I loved her at the beginning, went off her about 4 weeks ago and only got back into her when she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow - which was beautiful. It just annoyed me that because she was the producers favourite, they gave her the best exposure, the best comments are the best editing - it was annoying.

It really had to be either Danielle or Sophie, and either would have made a great Dorothy. I think that Steph & Lauren are by far the most talented girls in this competition and I know that BOTH will walk into roles in the west end with ease now - and they deserve it. I'd pay seriously good money to see Steph in anything.

I thought it was hilarious that Emilie sang again, and she was still RUBBISH! [I'd forgotten how out of tune she really was].

I don't think Danielle did have the best exposure. No-one did - they all had their share of duff edits, bizarre song choices, negative panel comments and odd outfits.

I think in this series, the voting has been interesting, with all the girls ending up in the bottom two at one time or another. Which suggests that there has been more voting based on the girls' performances, rather than sob stories or 'positive editiing'.

Danielle won last night because she was the contestant who most closely fitted the role and she performed well. Sophie could have been a close fit, but she was nervous and lacking in confidence, which showed in her performances. A couple of years down the line, she'll be awesome, but this series unfortunately came a bit too early for her.

#502 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 23 2010, 09:36 AM) View Post
The entire programme was engineered to make sure that Danielle won, and she did. I loved her at the beginning, went off her about 4 weeks ago and only got back into her when she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow - which was beautiful. It just annoyed me that because she was the producers favourite, they gave her the best exposure, the best comments are the best editing - it was annoying.

It really had to be either Danielle or Sophie, and either would have made a great Dorothy. I think that Steph & Lauren are by far the most talented girls in this competition and I know that BOTH will walk into roles in the west end with ease now - and they deserve it. I'd pay seriously good money to see Steph in anything.

I thought it was hilarious that Emilie sang again, and she was still RUBBISH! [I'd forgotten how out of tune she really was].

I completely agree with everything you have said, I to would pay good money to see Steph, she has got such wonderful smile and seems such a nice girl and I think the most talented of them all!

#503 Phoebe-again

Phoebe-again

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(wicked fan @ May 23 2010, 11:47 AM) View Post
I completely agree with everything you have said, I to would pay good money to see Steph, she has got such wonderful smile and seems such a nice girl and I think the most talented of them all!

Steph is just awesome I agree, incredible talent. She needs to get a massive role soon definitely.

Phoebe biggrin.gif

#504 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 23 2010, 10:36 AM) View Post

I disagree, I think Danielle has had several ropey song choices yet she has done very well with them. Lauren was clearly a favourite of ALW and perhaps got the very best songs throughout, but even that could not sway the public. Sophie I think was positioned to look far better than she actually was in the last couple of shows, which suggests to me that she was being given a helping hand, but it wasn't enough.

I agree that Steph & Lauren were superb & will do very well. Bronte, I think was short changed and exited too early, I expect to see her do well. Most of the others I think had potential but need more training and development - some more than others.

But I will follow all of their careers with interest.

#505 scootyscoot4

scootyscoot4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

In my opinion Danielle was the most suited to Dorothy and I wanted her to win in the end - I like Jessica and Jenny alot however and I think that Jenny especially had a beautiful voice; she could have really made a nice Dorothy - when she sang Over the Rainbow with Spider I though it sounded beautiful.  Sophie is a lovely, genuine girl, but I don't think she was ready for the show or Dorothy.

#506 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

Many thanks, Haz23. They sang it beautifully, and I really liked the way they were choreographed, looking as if they had stepped out of the cover of the annual Oscar edition of Vanity Fair, as photographed by Annie Liebowitz. I am glad that they were not forgotten about in the excitement of the final choice.

#507 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

By the way, I wonder if the dog chosen to play Toto, whose name I have forgotten, will do 8 performances a week, and have an understudy. And then get a BAFTA nomination.

#508 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3337 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(Tintin @ May 24 2010, 07:12 PM) View Post
By the way, I wonder if the dog chosen to play Toto, whose name I have forgotten, will do 8 performances a week, and have an understudy. And then get a BAFTA nomination.

The dog is only doing one show. Its been called a gala performance, but I don't think this means opening night, would be to risky!

#509 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

I just stumbled accross this on facebook and thought I'd post it on here its a Danielle Hope fan forum http://daniellehopeforum.lefora.com/

#510 Gabz31

Gabz31

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

And I have made a Sophie Evans one .

http://sophieevansforum.lefora.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users