#11 richard

richard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Jun 26 2007, 10:13 PM) View Post
When this was in previews I saw half of it I had to leave at the interval for various reasons and I must say that I agree about Sam Crane. I wouldn't have thought that any Roderigo could so upstage Iago, but I thought that this was totally the case in this production, and I soon found myself flipping through the pages of my program to find out who on earth that was (and let me hasten to add that I wouldn't have opened my program during the performance at any other theatre, but in the yard of the Globe there are so many other disturbances that it doesn't seem out of order to do so). I'll be back to see it in its entirety in a couple of weeks time, just made plans for that, and I'm looking forward to that immensely. I was a little surprised that none of the subsequent reviews, at least not those that I've seen, made much of a mention of Sam Crane's performance, but I would agree that this may well be one of the big names of the future.

//Jenny

Many of the reviews did highlight Sam Crane's performance as being the highlight.  His Oswald in the Bristol Old vic Ghosts was brilliant too, and his Alan Strang in an Oxford university production of Equus some years ago was in a different league to Harry Potter's.  He would make a brilliant young Hamlet to open the new RSC main house in 2010-ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users