• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 tom_waldo

tom_waldo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

I'm not sure whether I will go to see this, can anyone recommend or warn against it?

#2 coated peanuts

coated peanuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(tom_waldo @ May 29 2007, 01:43 PM) View Post
I'm not sure whether I will go to see this, can anyone recommend or warn against it?

I saw the first preview and I guess you shouldn't judge anything on that, especially if they announce that you are actually watching the first dress rehearsal since they ran into some problems. I really liked some parts of the play, especially the writing. The production was a bit fussy with too much pointless running around of oddly dressed soldiers at the beginning. The second half was an improvement though. I can''t remember any actor being outstandingly bad or outstandingly good and I came away feeling that I watched something quite uneven that might improve a lot.

#3 Welthorpe

Welthorpe

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

It's an odd piece. I'm quite glad I saw it, but would not rush back to see it again. It's totally mad and bizare - and a bit Pythonesque - though, imho not as funny. Some decent performances in it - but left none the wiser about anything! If it's on your doorstep and you are at a loose end - it's entertainment of sorts, but if you have to make a special journey I think you might regret it. I suspect it is the kind of thing that you either love or hate. It did nothing for me though. Have not seen any reviews of it either and I gather no specific press night has been put aside - usually a sign that they know it is a bit niche in appeal.

I agree by coated peanuts - the second half is better, but on the night I saw it, many people had left by that stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users