• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 kitson

kitson

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

Has anyone seen the new cast of Boeing Boeing?  (Adrian Dunbar, Neil Stuke et al)  If so, how was it?

#2 Owen

Owen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

I did not see the original cast of Roger Allam & Mark Rylance but last night the new male leads were in fine form and certainly gave 100%. Very strong casting with the female roles including a great performance from the understudy on for Michelle Gomez - which made wonder how the role could have been better performed? Patricia Hodge played it as the 'char' and it really worked. Absolutely terrific performances from Amy who for an actress so young and in all probability not that familiar with farce she really is a class act. Stunning to look at and just made me think this actress with the right management and hopefully roles will go onto become one hell of a leading lady. Saving the best for last, and only giving her second performance Elena Roger displays a dazzling sense of comedy and timing - her delivery was excellent and her diction superb - in short to my surprise BOEING BOEING is one very enjoyable night out which deserves to run and run.

#3 Emcee

Emcee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

I thought that Michelle had now left the cast.

#4 triplet

triplet

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(kitson @ May 30 2007, 12:12 PM) View Post
Has anyone seen the new cast of Boeing Boeing?  (Adrian Dunbar, Neil Stuke et al)  If so, how was it?

any reviews on the new cast yet? saw the original cast and they were fabulous. I'm taking my aunt for a treat and just wondered if it was still as good.

#5 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

What time does this show end please?

#6 tara

tara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

Has anyone seen Elena Roger ?. I was wondering what she's like in this kind of role.

#7 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(tara @ Jun 18 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post
Has anyone seen Elena Roger ?. I was wondering what she's like in this kind of role.

I saw Elena and loved her in the role. Her Italian accent is great thanks to her already having an accent when she speaks in English. Her character is quite vivacious and "extravagant" and she does that really well! I had no idea what to expect when I saw her but I was really pleasantly suprised and you can tell she is really enjoying it.
And Monmartre the show is 2h20 min long including the interval so you should be out of the theatre by 10 at the latest.

#8 tara

tara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Virna @ Jun 19 2007, 09:26 AM) View Post
I saw Elena and loved her in the role. Her Italian accent is great thanks to her already having an accent when she speaks in English. Her character is quite vivacious and "extravagant" and she does that really well! I had no idea what to expect when I saw her but I was really pleasantly suprised and you can tell she is really enjoying it.
And Monmartre the show is 2h20 min long including the interval so you should be out of the theatre by 10 at the latest.

I am glad about that , after loving her in Evita I was hoping that she would show us that  she is versatile . Going to see it in two weeks time, looking forward to it.

#9 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:41 PM

A word for Jennifer Ellison... saw her yesterday and thought she played Gloria superbly, great timing and physical presence. Thought I'd better say so, because I get the impression she's not best liked on this board.

Anyone know how much longer Elena Roger will be in the show?

#10 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

She mentioned being in it until the new year and it's currently booking until Januar 26th so I think she'll be leaving then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users