• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 whittlebot

whittlebot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Theatre! Film Music (the music composed for films) Off-road cycling. Hiking. And restaurant evenings in the company of a few close friends.

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Went to the last night on Saturday and thought the whole production was stunning! To see Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths spark of each other, made for a degree of tension quite remarkable, particularly as one had no stage experience while the other had lorry-loads. I was lucky enough to see the production from two vantage points, as I had booked for myself, a front row dress circle seat, but unbeknown to me, a stage seat ticket had been bought for me as a birthday gift, so I saw the first half from the stage, the second from the dress circle, but what made a really deep impression on my memory, was the choreography of the actors playing the Horses. The whole experience will be remembered for a very very long time!

#2 tractorboy

tractorboy

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(whittlebot @ Jun 10 2007, 09:04 PM) View Post
Went to the last night on Saturday and thought the whole production was stunning! To see Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths spark of each other, made for a degree of tension quite remarkable, particularly as one had no stage experience while the other had lorry-loads. I was lucky enough to see the production from two vantage points, as I had booked for myself, a front row dress circle seat, but unbeknown to me, a stage seat ticket had been bought for me as a birthday gift, so I saw the first half from the stage, the second from the dress circle, but what made a really deep impression on my memory, was the choreography of the actors playing the Horses. The whole experience will be remembered for a very very long time!

I was also there on Saturday night and did anyone else notice the bizarre moment after it had finished? All the actors were off the stage, the audience had started to file out and this teenage girl suddenly clambered on to the stage, obviously very determined as it's a fair height, and started running towards the wings where the actors cast had just gone, before an usher from the auditorium and a member of the stage management team from the stage shouted at her and stopped her going any further.
I've never seen anything like it in 30 years. Also, I was there at the first preview on February 16 ... just like Peter Shaffer ... and Daniel Radcliffe's curtain call entrance was made in just the same way, very bashfully and gingerly. Quite endearing. Typically perceptive closing night speech from Richard Griffiths.  

#3 MarieMJS

MarieMJS

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:2D/3D animation, cinema, books, plays, tap dancing, etc :D

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

I was there too, first time seeing the play, and yep, I saw the girl doing that. I think she wanted to steal one of Dan's clothes from the play, from what I heard... sometimes, I just want to slap the geeks!!! doh!!
I read the play some years ago - and liked it -  and read it again before going, but I thought this performance was just really good, nothing fantastic. I was a bit disappointed by Daniel Radcliffe, he had some weak moments(mumbling, a bit of over and under acting somehow O_o that lead to a "out of character" feeling too), and don't ask me why, but even if Richard Griffiths had some amazing moments, sometimes he sounds a bit linear, a bit flat. I guess I will now be killed by the Harry Potter fanbase smile.gif And maybe because I had seen the Lady From Dubuque the night before, and THAT was amazing acting...
Other than that, the scenography, lighting, props designs, and dancers were amazing, a big thumb up to Will Kemp!!

#4 whittlebot

whittlebot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Theatre! Film Music (the music composed for films) Off-road cycling. Hiking. And restaurant evenings in the company of a few close friends.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

I wasn't going to mention the avalanche of Daniel's female fans who cascaded down the aisle from the back of the dress circle to the front, screaming stuff most of which was unintelligible. He probably had to fight 'em off at the stage door! Oh the price of fame!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users