8 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

I am fascinated to know what an advanced member is.

#2 musicmancjay

musicmancjay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

once you post a certain number of messages your status changes (I think its 25 to put it up to 'advanced')
"Just when he should have been lying, he's telling the truth!"

#3 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:20 PM

#4 Lizzo

Lizzo

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:37 PM

It's either a) an extremely clever snake or cool.gif someone who's figured out how to use the new discussion boards!!!

#5 Guest_Guest_Lynette_*_*

Guest_Guest_Lynette_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:38 AM

I apologise about their being two posts by me on the same subject. I must have thought it didn't get posted the first time. Anyway, I now know what an advanced member or manber or menbar is and I think it is a silly name.

#6 Job

Job

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Well  I'm a 'Newbie', as everybody who's known me on this site for the last umpteen years can confirm.

Job
With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

#7 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:01 AM

I hate the way this site has become like a village tea party. It's now more about the users than theatre. I mean, who cares how many times you've all posted? Who cares where you all got your nicknames from? It's so twee!! The number of times I've wanted to puke at this mothers meeting lately is unreal.

#8 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(John @ Feb 28 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post
I hate the way this site has become like a village tea party. It's now more about the users than theatre. I mean, who cares how many times you've all posted? Who cares where you all got your nicknames from? It's so twee!! The number of times I've wanted to puke at this mothers meeting lately is unreal.

Oh dear.

I, on the other hand, am enjoying getting to know people, as I am more inclined to trust information and opinions from people I know.  If you want more theatre conversation, start a new thread.
###Belle###

#9 Guest_Tintin_*

Guest_Tintin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:08 AM

John is absolutely right. The whole business is just utter nosnsense and a waste of time. Give me the old system, without all the extra buttons, icons and unneccesary paraphenalia any time. It is a bit like all those hi-fi gadgets, with so many alternatives that the whole thing becomes confusing and ultimately boring. And is it a coincidence that it is now being flooded daily with spam?
Incidentally, in spite of my becoming a member, I am still listed as a "guest". I have written to WOS about it, but neither have I recieved a reply, nor have I found any change. I am beginning to feel like the unwanted guest at the village tea party.
And what does one become after "advanced", I wonder? Veteran? Decrepit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users