• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

Dear WOS

I have a question that I would be very interested to have an answer on, do you publish the number of votes you recieve in the WOS Awards.

I hate to say it but I feel it is misleading to call the Whats on Stage the "People's Awards" as its a small percentage of people who go on this board that vote for it. It would be interesting to see how many people actually voted.

I would suggest less than visited Caroline or Change in it whole run.

Surely it can only be the people's awards if a large percentage of "the People" have voted for them.

This is a question and not a criticism

Love this new site btw.

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hi In The Know,

I wasn't aware that we made a secret of the number of votes we had. It is in the news story we wrote on the site and is also in the press release. Approximately 2000 people participated in phase 1 which was picking the shortlists and just over 12,000 people voted on those shortlists to pick the eventual winners. It is hugely more than a small percentage of the people who visit this board just as the number of people who post here are a tiny fraction of the total Whatsonstage.com audience. I hope this helps to clarify.

All the best,

David

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:26 PM

NT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users