• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 tinkerbell30

tinkerbell30

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:49 AM

I don't understand how so many people can read a message and not respond to it. I have posted messages here and on another site looking for fans of Glenn Carter aka Jesus in JCS 2000 New York and PBS and while hundreds have read the posts not one has responded except those who did not like his performance and want to crucify him for it. I can't believe out of hundreds of people there is not one person or one person who knows a person who is a Glenn Carter fan. I did not post for the fun of it. I have a reason for trying to find his fans and it is extremely important I find them as soon as possible if not sooner.  Can someone help me Please? Someone must know him out there and like him. Come on people. Where are you?

#2 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

Why is it so important you contact other fans? Perhaps if you explain that, people will come forward.

#3 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(tinkerbell30 @ Jun 27 2007, 01:49 AM) View Post
I don't understand how so many people can read a message and not respond to it. I have posted messages here and on another site looking for fans of Glenn Carter aka Jesus in JCS 2000 New York and PBS and while hundreds have read the posts not one has responded except those who did not like his performance and want to crucify him for it. I can't believe out of hundreds of people there is not one person or one person who knows a person who is a Glenn Carter fan. I did not post for the fun of it. I have a reason for trying to find his fans and it is extremely important I find them as soon as possible if not sooner.  Can someone help me Please? Someone must know him out there and like him. Come on people. Where are you?

Perhaps he doesn't have many fans. Perhaps most of the fans he has are not regular users, or even aware, of this discussion board. Perhaps no one yet knows or cares about the "extremely important" nature of your mission because you haven't explained what it is.

Do remember that most of the regular readers and posters hear are based in the UK.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#4 tara

tara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:09 AM

Come on tinkerbell30 are you really Mr Carter, looking for an ego boost  wink.gif

I've never heard of you...........sorry , him.

#5 Trev

Trev

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:09 AM

Perhaps a reasonably sensible place to start would be his official fan club (or is that too obvious?)

#6 tinkerbell30

tinkerbell30

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

To those who have answered my post.                                                                           No I am most certainly not Mr Carter looking for an ego boost and it was insensitive of you to say so. I have gone to his fan club and as the woman in charge is not good about keeping things up to date and his American fans are few or are there but have not paid the expensive dues to be part of the club they cannot reach me.  I am fully aware of the fact that most of the members here are from the U.K. where I have recently visited and know for a fact that there are people in other countries with penpals in the U.S. so thought it might be worth trying though apparently I may have been wrong.   I would love to explain why it is so important I reach his fans but the first time I tried that I was shut out for soliciting so I am not sure how to explain it so that my message will get though but if nobody is going to care as one of you stated why should I even bother. Obviously he has no fans here either even though he is from your country and has worked extensivley there for 20 something years. Let me just say it has something to do with a fan based concert for Glenn when he comes to the U.S. Is that good enough for now? I appologize for sounding defensive but I have not had any responses except those of the negative and often rude response and I am very frustrated at this point. If anyone knows anywhere I can find American fans or British fans who know American fans let me know. Thanks

#7 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(Orchestrator @ Jun 27 2007, 09:06 AM) View Post
Perhaps he doesn't have many fans. Perhaps most of the fans he has are not regular users, or even aware, of this discussion board.

Also, the original request was posted only four days ago. People who drop by this forum only once or twice a week are unlikely to have seen the request.

In addition, there are only 1512 registered users here, 445 of whom have never posted (why not?) and a number of which are spammer accounts. We account for perhaps 1 out of every 80 thousand people in the UK. As a statistical sample we are rather biased towards theatregoing, but even so the chances of finding a fan of any particular person is fairly low.

I've seen rather more than 4500 individual performers on stage. If every single person who has ever registered on this forum, spammers and non-posters included, was a fan of a different one of those performers that would still leave two thirds of them with no fans here at all, and that's just out of the people I've personally watched. (I know it's possible to be a fan of more than one person, but even so the numbers are strongly against finding any particular actor's fans in a general purpose forum.)
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#8 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

How many people know who he is, let alone would call themselves 'fans'? This post is the first I've heard of him. (And so far, it's not a great impression).

#9 glossie

glossie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

Well, I'll own up to rather liking Glenn Carter - not sure I'd go so far as to call myself a 'fan' though, having only seen the JCS DVD and the man himself in Derby last month, so I didn't feel qualified to respond.

If you have info on something you think I may be interested in, I'd be happy to hear about it on this forum, but if it involves travelling to the US, sorry - no can do.

You asked a question "Any fans of Glenn Carter here?"- you got little response (so far); I guess that tells you what you need to know.   huh.gif

#10 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

I do think you'd get a better response if you asked a specific question. Your original post just asked if there were any fans around (you didn't mention you were hoping for fans in the US)- maybe you should say what it is you want and see what happens. I would call myself a fan of certain actors but wouldn't respond to someone just asking if there were any fans of Person X  out there (I have no desire to be in a fan club or participate on messageboards about individuals). But I might well reply to a specific enquiry or request. Just try it - you never know what response you might get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users