#11 tara

tara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(tinkerbell30 @ Jun 27 2007, 12:13 PM) View Post
To those who have answered my post.                                                                           No I am most certainly not Mr Carter looking for an ego boost and it was insensitive of you to say so.

I donít see how it was insensitive, it was a joke. Before today I doubt many on this board had heard of you, him.

But with your cryptic messages, I can safely say that we are all now aware of Mr Carterís existence, so well done.

I bet the manís never had so many hits on his web site. Nice hair by the way. wink.gif

#12 tinkerbell30

tinkerbell30

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:01 AM

Ok I am guilty of one thing and that is impatience. To the person who said I only posted 4 days ago you are correct and usually I am not that impatient but I happen to be in a rush with this one so when I saw that 99 people had read it and not responded I got a little frustrated. I will run the risk of being shut out again for soliciting even though I am not and say the reason for all the hoopla is because rumor from a very good sorce that Glenn Carter is at least considering coming to the U.S. for something and while here his fans few of us now as there are are trying to find more fans to join with us in getting him to do a concert while he is here for his show whatever it might be. We have had contact with his agent and have something in the works and are awaiting a response as i speak. If you are not a Glenn fan or even if you are and either cannot come or won't that is too bad. You will be missing out on something really fun that will not only benefit the fans but Glenn as well. He is unknown for the most part here and the people in his own country seem to have forgotten about him as well but we want to remind people what a wonderful performer he is even now and what they are missing by not being his fan. We are trying to bring back his old fans and make him some new ones. Is there anything wrong with that? If you were a celebrity wouldn't you appreciate having fans who would go out of thier way to do something like this for you?

#13 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(tinkerbell30 @ Jun 28 2007, 02:01 AM) View Post
Ok I am guilty of one thing and that is impatience. To the person who said I only posted 4 days ago you are correct and usually I am not that impatient but I happen to be in a rush with this one so when I saw that 99 people had read it and not responded I got a little frustrated. I will run the risk of being shut out again for soliciting even though I am not and say the reason for all the hoopla is because rumor from a very good source that Glenn Carter is at least considering coming to the U.S. for something and while here his fans few of us now as there are are trying to find more fans to join with us in getting him to do a concert while he is here for his show whatever it might be. We have had contact with his agent and have something in the works and are awaiting a response as i speak. If you are not a Glenn fan or even if you are and either cannot come or won't that is too bad. You will be missing out on something really fun that will not only benefit the fans but Glenn as well. He is unknown for the most part here and the people in his own country seem to have forgotten about him as well but we want to remind people what a wonderful performer he is even now and what they are missing by not being his fan. We are trying to bring back his old fans and make him some new ones. Is there anything wrong with that? If you were a celebrity wouldn't you appreciate having fans who would go out of their way to do something like this for you?

I think the reason that people have 'shut you out', as you say, is that you've suddenly appeared, obviously with a very specific agenda, that clearly very few people on here have any interest in- this is because a. this is a predominantly UK board, and you are looking for an audience for unconfirmed shows in the US, and b. very few people have heard of Glenn Carter. The fact that 99 people read your original post, shows that the people on here will give you some time, and read your posts (even about an unknown performer). What you need to accept that you are in the wrong place- those 99 people read your post and thought 'this isn't for me'. By all means stay and discuss theatre, this is a generally very open, friendly online community that you will be welcomed into, but I'm afraid that (you have proved), people don't want to go to a Glenn Carter concert in Kentucky. Sorry.

#14 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:25 AM

To be fair, I don't think it has been proved that people don't want to see a Glenn Carter concert in the US, only that a British (mostly London-based) theatre community aren't all going to buy a plane ticket. Have you tried US theatre messageboards?

#15 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Tinkerbell, is there a reason why you keep posting without making any comment? Don't click the Add Reply button until you've typed your message.

Edit - the posts with no additional message have been removed.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#16 tinkerbell30

tinkerbell30

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

Hi Armadillo.                                                                                                               Thanks for the support. I appreciate it even if you are not necesarily a Glenn fan. I actually started out on BroadwayWorld.com posting messages on the boards to U.S. fans there. I started with the Broadway Board since he has performed in New York where the people who responded were some of the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever seen. I had forgotten how nasty people could be till I went there for help. And we wonder what is wrong with the world today. It's not the word but the people in it who are juevenile and uncouth.  The only reason I came to the British Boards is because he is from England they thought I might have a better chance on the U.K. boards. If they only knew how wrong they were. People in his own country don't even know who he is. I have tried the boards also in Boston, Washington DC and Florida and while many are reading it nobody is responding.  He is due to be in another show somewhere in the fall but word on what it is is not released yet. In the meantime this other fan and I are trying to find fans anywhere we can in supporting us to get him to do a concert when he comes back to the U.S which he has been considering doing for a while. The other fan lives in Kentucky. I live in RI and would rather he come to Providence,Boston or New York but this is her idea. She knows what she wants to do and I am trying to support her as a friend would do as best I can. Why people have to be so negative is beyond me. If you know any message boards that would be good to post on in the U. S. do let me know.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users