54 replies to this topic

#11 VelmaMaureen

VelmaMaureen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

I want Jessica or Steph to win, even though I probably won't go and see it, because WOO just doesn't interest me as a show overall. The thing is, I can't really see any of them as Dorothy, except for Bronte, but of course she's not there anymore.

I think Danielle will be the winner though.

#12 amy_vocalist

amy_vocalist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

Danielle, she is just fantastic! Had her as my winner since her first audition on the TV!

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

Danielle should win. They are casting for a Dorothy. Lauren, whilst talented, is too old. The 'proper training' police are backing Lauren because they resent anyone who hasn't spent 3 years at GSA/Mountview/etc and still gets cast, be it on tv or in real life.

#14 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

I only watched the first episode but Danielle definitely has something. I was shocked when I read she was in the sing off.

#15 Scarlett O'hara

Scarlett O'hara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Rosie @ Apr 21 2010, 02:56 AM) View Post
I'm pretty sure they would get rid of the wild card option if Emilie won! I don't think any of them want to see that happen!

I would like Lauren to win. I've seen her perform before and she really is fantastic, and deserves a West End big-break like this. Allie- she's done 8 shows a week before, I'm sure she could handle it a lot better than many of the others! I'd also be quite happy for Danielle to win.

I think the most likely winners are Danielle and Stephanie. I think the Lord will favour them in sing-offs against any of the others.

I have to agree with Allie and Scarlet o'Hara, that its such a shame they're casting The Wizard of Oz! I can't see it being a big hit to be honest, when there are so many other fantastic shows on in the West End, particularly with Wicked doing so well. The popilarity of ALW's reality shows is waning as well, so I doubt it will be particularly successful. I think the focus is more likely to be on what the runners-up do and what the winner does next, rather than the Wizard of Oz itself.

I like Lauren and think she is a good all round performer and seems like a lovely girl. However, I hope she doesn't win as the whole point of the show (aside from publicity for ALW) is to discover new talent and to give girls who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity a chance to make it on the WE stage. Lauren probably would have stood a good chance of getting the job had she auditioned in the conventional way as she has already had professional training and has got experience. I just don't see the point of 10 weeks of live shows if someone experienced wins. Apart from this I think she looks to old for the part and I agree with the judges (can't remember who said it)  in that she comes across as too knowing and mature. I also think she is lacking in that something special and is too polished.
I don't think the fact that she was in the bottom two has anything to do with her VT as Emilie came across much worse in hers and the public seem to be behind her.

I'm really not enjoying this show as much as the others and if any of the other good performers go this week then I think I'll lose interest. The girls are nowhere near as talented or as interesting as the Nancy's or Maria's and I think they are far too young to be put through so much stress and it is showing.

#16 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Scarlett O @ Apr 21 2010, 05:57 PM) View Post
I like Lauren and think she is a good all round performer and seems like a lovely girl. However, I hope she doesn't win as the whole point of the show (aside from publicity for ALW) is to discover new talent and to give girls who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity a chance to make it on the WE stage. Lauren probably would have stood a good chance of getting the job had she auditioned in the conventional way as she has already had professional training and has got experience. I just don't see the point of 10 weeks of live shows if someone experienced wins. Apart from this I think she looks to old for the part and I agree with the judges (can't remember who said it)  in that she comes across as too knowing and mature. I also think she is lacking in that something special and is too polished.

However, many of the previous contestants have had professional training and wealths of professional theatre experience before going for their shows. Connie trained (Mountview?) then went into office work - the BBC, in their infinite wisdom, chose to ignore the training element and instead shone the light on bringing someone completely new into the West End. I'm not sure about Jodie's history pre-IDA.

Lee actually had to leave the cast of Phantom Of The Opera in London to go for Any Dream Will Do. So, the idea of the show to cast a "complete unknown" is unfortunately a horse which has long bolted.

#17 Phoebe-again

Phoebe-again

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2010, 10:18 AM) View Post
Looking at the BBC's Dorothy website, I think it's clear they're picking them off in alphabetical order - Amy, Bronte, Dani..... Of course it's just a coincidence, but if Danielle leaves next week..... laugh.gif then we can probably bet on Stephanie to win!

Yes I noticed that too! smile.gif

Phoebe biggrin.gif

#18 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

I personally would like it to be Danielle.

It must not be Emilie.

But I don't feel terribly strongly about most of the others & feel they would probably all be OK in different ways. I'd like to hear them do more spoken acting though, as I think the spoken voice & accent is important and a few of them have quite strong natural dialects. I'm sure it was mostly Jessie's attempts at Cockney that were her downfall in IDA!

#19 Guest_Sarah :)_*

Guest_Sarah :)_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(freckles @ Apr 22 2010, 11:14 AM) View Post
It must not be Emilie.

AGREED!!

I would like it to be Sohie who wins, she is my favourite!!
Stephanie is my second favourite smile.gif

#20 Guest_Sarah :)_*

Guest_Sarah :)_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

^^ Although it's clar that my favourites have been influenced by the BBC alphabetical  voting system.
  tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users