#41 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

If Stephanie hadn't been given that awful Bojangles song, I doubt she would have been in bottom two. She and Danielle have been my favourites.

#42 Allie

Allie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

Just caught up thanks to my Sky +. The sing off was so sad, those two did not deserve to be in the bottom two. I thought Sophie was much weaker than either of them and whilst I thought Steph wasn't as good this week, I was truly surprised to hear that Stephanie was in the bottom two and went. I felt she was the strongest triple threat, she'll have a career I'm sure.  I was so pleased for her that she managed to properly go for the last bit and really leave in style I was worried when she kept stopping and starting, she might not get the farewell she deserved but she did.

With regards to who might win, Danielle really showed her colours this week and Jessica really surprised me with her rendition of Cabaret. I thought she was really quite good. Double eviction, I suspect we might lose Sophie and I can't decide if we'll lose Jenny or Jessica but I'm pretty sure we'll see Danielle and Lauren in the final. I'm backing Danielle, I think she's extremely talented and she also seems to be a geniunely nice girl. Lauren is talented but I don't know she still has that arrogance about her which is extraordinarily unattractive in anyone. I do feel that she's also too old, she doesn't have the innocence about her. But we'll see! Stephanie going has really thrown me!

Pity the child with no such weapons
No defence, no escape from the ties that bind

Love Allie x

#43 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

I agree with Allie above. I'm very shocked that Stephanie went, but hope she does go on to bigger and better things. Double eviction next week I think will be 2 of Jessica, Jenny and Sophie. Jenny and Sophie are getting the Scottish and Welsh vote in my opinion, and I don't think Jessica deserves to have been in this long - a one trick pony, as Andrew said on the Saturday show (in the video summary of the girls).

I would like to see Danielle win but have a feeling that Steph might get it. She's very talented, but like Lauren, I think they both look a bit too old and seem too experienced for Dorothy.

#44 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(peggy sue @ May 3 2010, 12:00 PM) View Post
I agree with Allie above. I'm very shocked that Stephanie went, but hope she does go on to bigger and better things. Double eviction next week I think will be 2 of Jessica, Jenny and Sophie. Jenny and Sophie are getting the Scottish and Welsh vote in my opinion, and I don't think Jessica deserves to have been in this long - a one trick pony, as Andrew said on the Saturday show (in the video summary of the girls).

I would like to see Danielle win but have a feeling that Steph might get it. She's very talented, but like Lauren, I think they both look a bit too old and seem too experienced for Dorothy.

I agree with all of the above.  If Jessica didn't have the expressive face that she has she would have gone out a long time ago, I can't see anything likeable about her.  In my opinion she also has a little arrogance about her.  I would love Danielle to win, I really hope Steph doesn't get it.  It's not that I don't think she's a very talented lady, I just don't think she is suited to Dorothy.

#45 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

I like Jessica - there is something different about her, she has great stage presence and can actually do all three things to a high standard, although I want Steph to win!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#46 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Okay so my prediction was wrong:
Sophie
Jenny
Jessica
Lauren
Steph
Stephanie
Danielle.

After Saturday, I'm going to rearrange my list tongue.gif

Jenny
Sophie
Steph
Lauren
Jessica
Danielle.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#47 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(Laughingmonsta @ May 4 2010, 08:52 AM) View Post
I like Jessica - there is something different about her, she has great stage presence and can actually do all three things to a high standard, although I want Steph to win!

I also want Steph to win, not only is she very talented, no matter what they say to her she keeps fighting back.  She could definitely be Dorothy for me!

#48 Roz

Roz

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

I've realised that mr. bojangles is a cursed song. In I'd do anything Sarah, my absolute fave, sung it and was voted off that night. Now stephanie my favourite in this sings it and get voted off, sad times.

Also why has Jessica never been in the bottom two?! She's not bad but a Dorothy? No.

Now I want either Danielle or Lauren to win. Lauren may be a bit old for Dorothy but that really doesn't matter too much in a show and experience is definitely a very good thing.

#49 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

I wonder who selects the songs for the girls. It would be hard for any performer to make Mr Bojangles work, as the listener would need to know the background, and, compared with most of the other songs in the show, it makes very little impact. In fact it is rather tuneless and only worked in the show Dancin' because it was followed by clever Bob Fosse choreography. Unless Stephanie chose it herself, someone deserves to get the sack for such incompetence - unless whoever it was had wanted her to be eliminated!
At long last we are getting proper show tunes instead of the vacuous pop rubbish, and the girls are now being given the chance to show their acting ability, with some very demanding numbers.
I thought Lauren's rendition of The Man That Got Away was outstanding. The original Judy Garland version is one of the great iconic musical film numbers. Only a really talented performer can make it come off, and she did remarkably well.
I was also impressed with Jessica, who managed to bring out the underlying dark and tragic aspects of Cabaret, with a very powerful performance.
One big disappointment was Steph, whose interpretation of Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend somehow made very little impact. Perhaps it was the fussy choreography that detracted from her performance, removing the sublety and sexiness that the song needs.
At the start of the series I did not think any of the girls had star quality, or would make a suitable Dorothy, but I have now changed my mind. I can see that there are a few who would be ideal in the role, and could be great stars in the future. They are clearly getting the best training possible, which is bringing out the best qualities of the talent and personality.

#50 Allie

Allie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

My prediction...

Sophie
Jenny
Jessica
Steph
Lauren
Danielle

Lauren and Steph keep switching around in my hat!

Pity the child with no such weapons
No defence, no escape from the ties that bind

Love Allie x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users