25 replies to this topic

#11 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Oh, Madelana was excellnet in Jekyll and Hyde. This role suits her singing voice and style a lot better than Fantine. Actually the entire cast was so good that I am going to see it again on Saturday. I can strongly recommend it.

#12 hedwig12

hedwig12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

I saw her in JEKYLL AND HYDE and got amazed by her voice and her talent!! OMG!! Please, I hope there could be any chance of seeing this show in the West End, and seeing her again in a huge stage with mics and a big orchestra... It would be incredible!!

I found her Youtube channel with gems like this song:

I can't wait for videos of Madalena singing "Someone Like You" and "A New Life" !!!!

#13 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm seeing the show again this weekend. I really hope it will transfer to a small WE theatre, because it really deserves to be seen by more people.

#14 perrier

perrier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

This is a music video of Madalena's song "Flying Van"...

#15 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have seen the above video and liked it very much. The video is full of love for London and the title of the song sounds very nice.

#16 savethekakapo

savethekakapo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

She was brilliant as Lucy in Jekyll and Hyde at Union Theatre
Most recent theatre:July = Chariots of Fire, Richard III, Country Wife, Mack and Mabel, Physicists. JUNE = What the Butler Saw, Collaborators, Posh, The Thing About Men, Torch song Trilogy, Lillies, Duchess of Malfi, Jekyll and Hyde, Mystery of Edwin Drood. MAY = Ragtime, Antigone, Wild Swans, Tale of Two Cities. APRIL = Salena Jones, The Glorious Ones, Drugstore, Steps, After Miss Julie. MARCH = Floyd Collins, Bingo, Wizard of Oz. FEBRUARY = Hayfever, Singing in the Rain, Masterclass, Sleeping with Straight Men, Ladykillers. JANUARY = After the Turn, Children of Eden, She Stoops to Conquer, Crazy For You, Backbeat, Rock of Ages, Shrek, Matilda, A Round-Heeled Woman. 2011 DECEMBER = Reason To Be Pretty, Pippin. NOVEMBER = Goodbye Barcelona, How the World Began, Juno and the Paycock, Britanicus, Kill Bill, Railway Children. OCTOBER = Driving Miss Daisy, Sweeney Todd, South Downs & Browning Version! Decade, Conquer, Crazy for You, Backbeat, Rock of Ages, Baker's Wife, Sweeney Todd, South Downs & Browning Version, Decade and My City.

#17 perrier

perrier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Madalena has just released her new EP 'Heart Condition'... It's extremely beautiful!!  You can listen to part of it at http://www.madalenaa...o.com/music.htm or at Spotify! :))

#18 perrier

perrier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hello all,

Just wanted to share with you this amazing Youtube playlist of Madalena Alberto's concert in Barcelona last week:

It's hard to chose a favourite moment, but I'd probably chose this one!!

#19 hedwig12

hedwig12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

and have you seen this extremely beautiful and delightful acoustic version of "I Dreamed a Dream"??????

#20 The Scorpion

The Scorpion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I haven't seen her in anything else, but I thought she was completely miscast in Miz. She sang 'I Dreamed a Dream' like it was 'Defying Gravity'. Wasn't keen on her interpretation of Fantine at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users