9 replies to this topic

#1 theatre*fairy

theatre*fairy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hes amazing...seen him in mary poppins and HAIR and cannot wait to see him live at ronnie Scotts xx
Tommy: OK, very important. There are two types of women, type A and type B. You listenin'?
Frankie:  Yeah.
Tommy:OK, type A. They're real easy. Jump right into bed witcha. Then later on, they bust your balls. Type B. First, they play hard to get. Then later on, they bust your balls.
Frankie: I don't get it.
Tommy:Don't worry, you will.

#2 comaweng

comaweng

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

Agreed. I was most impressed with him in 'Hair'. Also saw an interview on BBC Breakfast promoting Hair with Gavin Creel and Cameron Mackintosh - Gavin's a genuinely great guy!

#3 Sebastian

Sebastian

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

When is he at Ronnie Scotts???

#4 Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

He was at Ronnie Scotts on 6th May but he's got another gig at the Pigalle Club on 20th June. 6.30pm - 10.00pm. Tickets £10 from seetickets.com.

Spread the word
Some are born great.  Some have greatness thrust upon them.  And some achieve greatness - then **** it up.

#5 Mel Woo

Mel Woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, art, book club

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Oh boo. Can't believe I missed this.

#6 Zinone

Zinone

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

Gavin was fantastic tonight at the Jazz Café. Nothing from Hair but lots of his own stuff and a couple of covers (Faith, I Kissed A Girl, Hallelujah). Having seen his show at La Pigalle, it was nice to be somewhat familiar with his own material and he sang it beautifully.

I can't say I enjoyed his support act but there was a moment of amusing awkwardness when she said "Are you excited about Gavin coming out?? Not that he's going to COME OUT" which left the entire audience (or me at least) bemused and wondering if she actually doesn't know he already has.

And what a lovely guy he seems to be. A fantastic way to spend an evening, and I hope he gets a decent crowd in Manchester tomorrow.

#7 Zinone

Zinone

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Forgot to mention how he said that sometimes fans outstay their welcome at the Stage Door, which was amusing considering there were quite a few die-hard seen-it-fifty-times Hair superfans in attendance.

#8 mylime

mylime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

Thought Gavin was great at the Jazz Cafe last night! Zinone, don't suppose you have or have seen a copy of the set list have you? I really liked the 3rd and 4th songs he did...I think one was called 15 Minutes

I agree re: support act :-s
Seen: Avenue Q x4 : Ghost Stories : Gavin Creel (Jazz Cafe) : Flashdance : Dirty Dancing x2 : Shirley Valentine : Legally Blonde : Deathtrap : Hair x2 : Lion King x2 : Jersey Boys x2 : Oliver! : Thriller : Grease : We Will Rock You : Joseph : Blood Brothers x3 : Hairspray :  Mamma Mia x2 : Sound of Music : Chicago x3: Wicked x2  : Woman In Black x3 : Lord Of The Rings : History Boys : Trojan Women

#9 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Thought I would draw attention to his new single, for a fantastic cause:

#10 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members