mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Sophie and Emilie in the bottom 2

I know him so well was the song.

Emilie got fewest votes from the public.

ALW sent Emilie home!

#2 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

These are from digital spy, can anyone confirm these results?

#3 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

FINALLY! It was just cruel to keep her in any longer just to be humiliated every week. She simply didn't have a strong enough voice.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#4 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(mjr @ Apr 24 2010, 11:44 PM) View Post
These are from digital spy, can anyone confirm these results?

Yup - I was there. I'd say it was right that these two were in the bottom two and that Emilie went.

Emilie 'cracked' on her last note of SOTR but given the emotion of it all, I don't blame any of them for buggering up that song at some point really.

#5 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(CaityGlinda @ Apr 25 2010, 12:05 AM) View Post
FINALLY! It was just cruel to keep her in any longer just to be humiliated every week. She simply didn't have a strong enough voice.

I really don't understand what the panel saw in Emilie, unless their comments were motivated by the fact that the public voted her back in and they were afraid of going against the public will. Last night was painfully awkward to watch.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#6 Guest_J_*

Guest_J_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Apr 25 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
I really don't understand what the panel saw in Emilie, unless their comments were motivated by the fact that the public voted her back in and they were afraid of going against the public will. Last night was painfully awkward to watch.

I think they were being more positive about her because when they've been critical in previous weeks the audience have just voted more in sympathy.

#7 Danube

Danube

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

I agree.  History shows that nothing makes a floating or apathetic voter pick up the phone faster than some harsh comments from the judges.

#8 emkay

emkay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

To me, it looked like the entire performance episode was designed to get Emilie out.  First, they gave Emilie a bad song, that has been done badly before on Maria (with Meliz being voted out after she sang it better than Emilie did), and then they gave her lukewarm comments with a few hard lessons thrown in ("you have to learn to take criticism in this business, because in the real world it's a lot worse than this").  Then, they went on and on in the rest of the show about who could be contenders for the part, and even praising not-so-great performances like Jessica's because it looked to me like what they were really saying was "look viewers, all these performers might not be Dorothy, but they deserve to stay another week over Emilie".  

I really think all this was calculated to get viewers to not pay much notice to Emilie and turn their attention to other performers, and apparently, it worked.

#9 Leopard

Leopard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(emkay @ Apr 25 2010, 04:17 PM) View Post
To me, it looked like the entire performance episode was designed to get Emilie out. First, they gave Emilie a bad song, that has been done badly before on Maria (with Meliz being voted out after she sang it better than Emilie did), and then they gave her lukewarm comments with a few hard lessons thrown in ("you have to learn to take criticism in this business, because in the real world it's a lot worse than this"). Then, they went on and on in the rest of the show about who could be contenders for the part, and even praising not-so-great performances like Jessica's because it looked to me like what they were really saying was "look viewers, all these performers might not be Dorothy, but they deserve to stay another week over Emilie".

I really think all this was calculated to get viewers to not pay much notice to Emilie and turn their attention to other performers, and apparently, it worked.

Have to say - I was no fan of Emilie but I think there is something in this. She did get given awful songs really that just didn't show off her voice.

She looked totally outclassed in the solo performances but yea - I really think in the group numbers and the more musical theatre stuff she totally held her own - rather unfortunate treatment I think...

#10 emkay

emkay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

^Oh, I didn't say I thought it was a bad thing.

I think that the producers of the show did what was best for Emilie in the long-run.  The viewers were doing her no favors by voting to keep her in each week, so that she could go up onstage and embarrass herself and be subjected to some fairly nasty comments on the internet.  I think the most merciful thing the producers could have done was to quietly and effectively engineer her exit, and that is what I think they did very smoothly last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users